Product / Technical Architect
13th November 2019
£70000 - £70000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Product / Technical Architect
Salary: Up to £70,000 DOE + Extensive Benefits Package
SSP is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. We provide core technology solutions, distribution and trading capability, advanced analytics and solution delivery.
Want to work with great people in modern offices and have the opportunity to progress and develop your career? Our team is growing, so we are on the lookout for a passionate Product / Technical Architect to join our Architecture Team based at our Aldershot office.
The purpose of the Product / Technical Architect will be:
To support product management, solution development and care and maintenance roles so that we design and produce our software efficiently. You will also be designing functionality for our insurance and broking product.
We'd like to meet a Product / Technical Architect with:
- Extensive experience of providing first-rate technical knowledge in software development
- Experience in creating designs in Java and/or .NET
- Previous experience within a cloud based environment, in particular AWS
- Experience within a fast paced environment, with the ability to work proactively and independently
- Working knowledge of the insurance or finance industry
The Product / Technical Architect's responsibilities:
- Knowledge of specific technical specialisms, providing detailed advice regarding their application and execute specialised tasks. The specialism can be any area of information or communication technology, technique, method, product or application area.
- Identifies new and emerging hardware and software technologies and products based on own area of expertise, assesses their relevance and potential value to the organisation.
- Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of software process improvement. Contribute effectively to identifying new areas of software process improvement. Carries out software process improvement assignments.
- Uses appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems architectures in specific business or functional areas. Produces detailed component specifications and translates these into detailed designs for implementation using selected products.
- Within a business change programme, assists in the preparation of technical plans and co-operates with business assurance and project staff to ensure that appropriate technical resources are made available.
- Provides advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensures that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly.
- Recommends/designs structures and tools for systems. Delivers technical visualisation of proposed applications for approval by customer and execution by system developers. Translates logical designs into physical designs and produces detailed design documentation.
- Designs and builds integration components and interfaces. Leads practical integration work under the technical direction of the system/service designer. Contribute to the overall design of the service and define the technical criteria for product/component selection.
What's in it for you?
- A unique working environment where you'll be surrounded by passionate experts from a variety of backgrounds and industries
- The opportunity to be yourself
- A generous salary and matching pension scheme
- A clear, personal learning and development plan that provides the frameworks and development solutions to ensure everyone has the opportunity to maximise their performance and realise their potential
- Generous holiday allowance (25 days + Public Holidays), free parking and life assurance
- A wide range of flexible benefits such as experience days and gym memberships, to wellbeing benefits like healthcare cashback plans, and so much more
What are SSP's values?
We have a strong, clear vision - to be the leading provider of insurance technology software - and our values describe what makes SSP unique, and capture the SSP spirit that runs through everything we do.
Respect - Ownership - Collaboration - Innovation - Energy
A career with us:
SSP believes the most valuable asset for any business is the people it employs. It is crucial therefore to employ and invest in the best. At SSP, we believe that our diversity makes us stronger. As an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate and support everyone who works for us. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in our working practices and are proud of our inclusive culture.
It goes without saying that we do not discriminate on any basis. Instead we continue to actively promote equality and grow our diverse workforce for the benefit of our customers, products, our business and our people.
To apply for the role of Product / Technical Architect, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Product Architect, Software Architect, Software Developer, Java Developer, .NET Developer, or Developer.