Machine Vision Specialist
Your role as Machine Vision Specialist at Basemark would be working as part of a product development team developing both machine vision applications and an optimized machine vision library for use in autonomous systems and edge computing.
The company working language is English. Basemark employs staff from a wide variety of nationalities and is an equal opportunity employer. Your working location would be in central Helsinki, Finland close to tram & bus stops and the Kamppi metro station with good services around.
Your salary and title will be determined based on how your expertise matches the qualification requirements. A technical interview will be performed as part of the recruitment process to assess how your skillset matches these requirements.
Basemark is a Finnish technology company specializing in cross-platform real-time computing and graphics software.
What we would like to see. Either:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other computing-related field
- or significant relevant professional expertise and experience to substitute for a university diploma
- Experience in developing image processing and machine vision applications using for example OpenCV/VX
- Experience of GPGPU or embedded computing development using for example OpenCL, Vulkan or CUDA
- Bonus for doing this for machine vision purposes
- Experience in C and/or C++ software development
- Experience implementing one or more of the following applications: multi-camera real-time video stitching, SLAM, 3D scene inference,
- depth sensing, VOST or object fusion
- Some experience of writing initial specifications for software components or systems
- A basic understanding of algorithm complexity and experience with software optimization
- A basic understanding of software architecture and best practices
- Familiarity with agile development practices
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Fluent speech and ability to write technical documentation in English
- A Master's degree in computer science/engineering or related field with a focus on machine vision and image processing
- Experience in autonomous systems development or industrial machine vision applications
- Experience in developing machine vision or machine learning algorithms
- Experience in developing with OpenVX, Vulkan or ROS
- Experience of high-performance/throughput real-time machine vision or computing systems
- Experience of mapping and pipelining image processing algorithms for heterogenous computing hardware (DSP, GPU, CPU, FPGA...)
- Experience of working as a software architect for machine vision systems.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with AutoSAR or other automotive software platforms
- Experience with development for real-time operating systems (RTOS)
- Experience with computer graphics development