IC Resources is working with a world-renowned leading Education Institute based in Cambridge who are looking for a Principal DevOps Engineer (Cloud Architect) working with the latest innovative technology. The focus for this role is to help the institute with a large-scale cloud native transformation, working with a team of 18 individuals to build a new cloud native services and modernising legacy applications.
Your role as a Principal DevOps Engineer will mentor other junior engineers working with a team with a strong learning mindset. Currently producing boilerplates for the technology stack chosen: Terraform, Ansible, Python, Django, React and Typescript. The team will have a DevOps culture and uses Scrum for its day to day work.
Most of the services that DevOps Division maintains are previously cloud native and deployed to the cloud using Terraform and my client is looking for an expert in this field. Additionally, you will be responsible for career progression of more junior DevOps Engineers developing them in this fantastic organisation. You will also be joining a team of principal/senior engineers in other areas of expertise such as Backend, Frontend, API and Security.
- Experience working with DevOps practices. Python, Jenkins, Shell, Groovy.
- Experience with using DevOps Tools such as Docker, Ansible etc.
- Extensive Python knowledge.
- Knowledge of configuring CI Pipelines such as Jenkins, TeamCity.
- Understanding of SVC Tools eg GIT, Subversion.
- Agile methodology
- Able to implement infrastructure as code.
- Familiar with basic IT Ops experience debugging servers or agents
You will report directly to the Head of DevOps and will have a high influence on the direction of travel and the strategy and will play a key part in this big transformation.
Other Great Benefits:
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home is available
- Relocation Expenses
- Great Pension Scheme
- Travel to work loan and cycle schemes
- Rental Deposit Loan Scheme
- Accommodation Services
- Support for Training
Please apply now for this fantastic opportunity by emailing Click here to contact this recruiter