|Listed on:||4th November|
|Salary/Rate:||£292 - £334|
|Contact Name:||Jasmine Sladen|
An Oracle Database Administrator is required for our client in Blackburn for an initial 6 month contract
As part of our client's operations team you will be managing and supporting the database estate on a day to day basis. Resolving database related issues and proactively managing the estate to ensure high performance levels. You will possess a high level of MSSQL Server administration skill and be able to resolve problems using your initiative. You will also be familiar with administering Oracle databases. You will be part of a team that is building & supporting modern and future proof infrastructure that helps the organisation to deliver Key Services.
- Managing the delivery and performance of databases to provide the required level of availability, system performance, functionality and cost required to meet business needs.
- Support the definition, development and implementation of industry best practice database administration and tools to deliver proactive management.
- Support the implementation of projects and the smooth transition from development into a fully operational and supported live environment.
- 5+ years MSSQL Server DBA experience
- Advanced MSSQL performance tuning
- A data specialist with experience of working closely with development teams
- Deep understanding of database design principles
- Broad knowledge of technology platforms, products and services.
- In depth knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Ability to multi-task with a talent for handling several different projects concurrently
- Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server including maintenance plans, security and permissions.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving database problems
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimisation (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server
- Excellent knowledge of T-SQL
- Essential SSRS management
- Desirable - SSIS
- Desirable - Oracle Database Management experience 10g/11g/12g
- Desirable - Exposure to Solaris, Linux operating systems
- Demonstrable experience supporting enterprise IT operations and locations, including DR
- Experience in a technical support organisation.
- Excellent communications skills at all levels both oral and written
- A professional and proactive attitude with a desire to see quality results.
- A high sense of accountability.
- Cross-functional team collaboration experience.
- Experience working with development teams.
- Ability to work in an independent manner with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate technical solutions in an easy to understand way to key business stakeholders
- Strong analytical and trouble shooting skills.
- Troubleshooting and resolving data problems.
- Flexibility regarding out of hours for support and maintenance tasks
- Ability to achieve Baseline Personal Security Standard ( BPSS )