Domain Architect (Digital, CRM, Cloud)
Location: London Bridge
Our client is a global retail business and one of the biggest names in their specialist industry, and they are looking for a Domain Architect to own the end-to-end architecture for Customer and Digital including technologies that address eCommerce, marketing, in-store technology, CRM, and our At Home Channel. You will be responsible for setting the future IT direction, outlining a roadmap that meets the strategic needs of the business and working with the relevant solutions teams to assure their delivery.
This is a critical role for my client to enable the business to fulfil its ambitious growth plans.
The goal at our client is to deliver a technology architecture that provides a best in class, efficient, agile and secure IT environment, meeting and exceeding business needs and underpinning their vision of becoming and end-to-end digital brand.
This person leads the execution, and drives the evolution, of the technical and solution architecture strategy for company with the Customer area and is an active member of the transformation programme steering committee.
The role has responsibility for managing solution and application architects as part of programme delivery.
- Produce, evolve and refine the company solutions architecture to produce technical architectures that are modifiable, dependable and scalable
- Define an overall Architecture Design Authority process and chair that Authority
- Provide governance during project build and test phases to ensure compliance with and appropriateness of the architecture
- Ensure that delivery projects plan for all required technical governance, reviews, sign-offs and checkpoints.
- Raise and resolve any architectural issues/risks and issues associated with the domain and throughout the lifecycle of any delivery projects/programmes.
- Ensure that operational support guidelines are factored into the solution construction.
- Ensure that the aspects of the architecture are fit-for-purpose from a technical and business perspective.
- Define and agree relevant design principles, as part of the company Architecture Group.
- Provide technical architectural standards and process support for definition and implementation of a consistent technical environment.
- Oversee creation and maintenance of technology roadmaps, reference architecture models and standards through a supporting communicative process.
- Instrumental in identifying and analysing new technology drivers and impact on existing architecture
- Develop and execute a communication (including education) plan for technical architecture standards.
- Develops internal and external relationships that assist in the identification of candidate future technologies and emerging technology trends.
- Support the business and IT strategic planning and budgeting processes by leveraging existing/planned solutions.
- A strong understanding of eCommerce, digital, in-store technology and CRM solutions and capabilities.
- Experience of creating and running an architecture design governance process
- All-round experience of a range of technology solutions and a good understanding of the full-lifecycle of enterprise delivery projects
- Experience of SAP solutions preferably next-generation S4 and C4 products
- Significant experience creating solutions through business process re-architecture and/or technology.
- Highly innovative and constantly looking for smarter and innovative improvements
- Experience of leading teams of IT professionals, including the management of teams comprising mixed sourcing and geography
- Solid large scale software development and delivery experience preferably in an SAP environment
- Demonstrable experience of aligning IT projects and strategy with business plans and strategy and developing strong relationships with key business management
- Demonstrable experience of ability to influence key stakeholders, both IT and business
- Experience of the Retail industry (desirable)