24th October 2019
£35000 - £35000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Are you looking to work at the cutting edge of UNIX Support? We are currently seeking an experienced Solaris/Linux Engineer to work within our clients UNIX Infrastructure Support Team within the Data Centre Tower at our high-profile customer site in Telford, Shropshire.
This role sits within a team that is responsible for the Live Service Delivery of all aspects of the core infrastructure. The team support Production, Disaster Recovery, Live Acceptance Proving, Test and Development services on a 24/7 basis.
Working with the latest versions of Solaris & Linux virtualization, you will be required to provide operating system support and maintenance for Solaris & Linux (SUSE & RHEL) based. You will require a working knowledge of these operating systems, ability to produce UNIX scripts and knowledge of Cloud computing principles to support the team's aims to manage, monitor and maintain our services and particularly our cloud service offerings.
· Proven experience in support role preferably at 2nd line level
· Significant Solaris & Linux experience
· Knowledge of Solaris/Linux Infrastructure
· UNIX scripting skills
· Proven ability to problem solve
· Ability to work independently
· Able to attain and maintain SC clearance
· Solaris Unix
· Solaris Infrastructure & Virtualization
· SUSE or RHEL Linux
· OEL Linux
· Understanding of SAN principles
· Understanding of Cloud computing principles
What we offer
The reward for the right candidate is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding organisation offering excellent long-term career prospects, as well as a competitive salary and full company benefits. Please apply with current CV indicating your relevant experience and qualifications.