Cyber Security Consultant (SC Cleared), Police, Law Enforcement, Cloud, Cyber Assurance, AWS, Amazon Web Services, ISO 27001, 27002, 27005; NIST, Policing, Government, WAN, NNI, CSOC, IAM, Risk, Encryption, Security Cleared, DV Develop Vetting, Vetted, London,
Our Central Government client are recruiting for a Cyber Security Consultant. The role requires SC Clearance.
Reporting to the Programme Delivery Manager the Specialist will provide technical security and assurance support to the Law Enforcement Community Network.
Develop/manage a new Security Risk Assessment strategy, policy and process.
Perform hands-on gap and risk assessments associated with:
- Applications (Home Office Open Systems and Police-to-Police);
- Data Centres (WAN-NNI);
- Cloud and physical IT infrastructure;
- Vendors, suppliers and other third parties.
- Map controls to policies, standards, procedures and process.
- Review and monitor IT Security controls to identify operational effectiveness.
- Interface with CSOC and IAM teams.
- Interface with security architects, National Information Risk Management, NCSC and other security stakeholders.
- Provide and contribute to risk assessments.
- Maintain broad knowledge of standard methodologies and trends in the field of Information Security.
Key Skills / Experience
- Experience implementing or assessing security in a PSN network and cloud-as a service environment.
- Experience of Cyber Assurance assessments.
- Experience of working in a Policing environment.
- Extensive knowledge of security technologies and risk assessment methodologies, policies and processes.
- 4+ years' experience working within the technical arena with 2 plus years of information security work experience.
- Solid technical background in IT systems and networking in both on-premise and cloud environments.
- Knowledge &experience of: AWS (or similar) cloud security &infrastructure Web-infrastructure security (Applications &APIs) Network-security tools (IDS/IPS, firewalls etc.) Network-visualization (SD-WAN-Networks, network function virtualisation etc.) Encryption technology & implementation
- SC security cleared
- Experience using vulnerability assessment tools and writing risk mitigation plans resulting from the assessment.
- Excellent analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrable ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical teams to further the goals and mission of the programme.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills including the ability to articulate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience in security standards such as ISO 27001, 27002, 27005; NIST.
- Certifications within the security area are a strong plus (CISSP, CRISC, CCSK, CCSP, GIAC or equivalent).
- Experience in the alignment of solutions with NCSC guidance.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively.
- A bachelor's degree in Cyber Security, Information Security, or Computer Science.