Think of Iceland and you think of frozen food... And rightly so - it's been the driving force behind our brand for 46 years. But did you know that we're also the most innovative food retailer in the UK operating across chilled and ambient categories too, and the winner of multiple awards for our products, service and the way we treat our employees?
We are looking for a IT Infrastructure Manager to work in our Head Office based in Deeside.
Purpose of Role
Working within the IT team and reporting to the Head Of Infrastructure, the IT Infrastructure Manager is an integral senior position. This is an exciting role primarily overseeing both technical and managerial aspects of Iceland's Infrastructure promoting an environment, which emphasises teamwork and accountability whilst providing support, mentoring and development opportunities to the Infrastructure team. This is a fast-paced environment full of energy and excitement as we continually challenge and drive to be at the forefront of IT infrastructures.
- Accountable for delivery and coherence of the intended programme of works within time, budget, scope and quality
- Plan and implement the programme, structure and approach. Proactively monitoring its overall progress
- Effective co-ordination of projects and their interdependencies, ensuring individual projects are following a standard project framework and feeding into the overall program view
- Utilise best practices to ensure the Infrastructure programme work streams are effectively defined, planned and aligned to the overall programme adhering to internal project management methodologies.
- Quality assurance to maintain the overall integrity of the programme - focusing on its coherence, dependencies and interfaces with other programmes whilst providing management reports
- You will have responsibility for all aspects of the project/programme, including definition, planning, execution & implementation, governance & control, financial, resource and change management.
- Responsible for the procurement and contract management activities involving procurement of Infrastructure, software and services including negotiation of terms and prices with suppliers. Liaison with suppliers to ensure services are delivered to agreed standards, to required quality and within timescales.
- Manage and establish priorities for maintenance, design, development and analysis of entire infrastructure systems inclusive of LANs, WANs, internet, security and wireless implementations.
- Work closely with the Service Support to ensure a timely, robust and comprehensive service transition.
- Provide line management for 3 direct reports in the team, ensuring that appropriate skilled resources are in place to meet required service levels to maintain the Infrastructure and deliver new initiatives.
- Manage the performance objectives and professional development of the team including the initiation, monitoring, review and validation of individual training and development plans in line with objectives
- Support team development opportunities, manage succession opportunities and mentor staff, providing constructive feedback to team in order to motivate and encourage team productivity
- Actively participate in IT strategy planning working to establish standards and best practices for managing infrastructure, including network, desktops, servers, internal applications
- Lead continuous improvements in technology; upgrades, standardisation, modernisation, policy, procedure and operational best practices, while implementing infrastructure solutions that meet IT service objectives
- Conduct research on emerging infrastructure technologies and trends and their applicability to Iceland make recommendations that increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility, execute short plus long term strategic plans to assure infrastructure capacity attains current and future needs.
- Identify opportunities to recommend solutions for improvement / lead the remediation to manage risk and drive operational excellence of existing services.
- Management of third-party relationships and vendors for infrastructure-specific products and services.
- Deputise for the Head of Infrastructure as required
- Proactive and effective team player, enthusiastic, adaptable, willing to learn, but also able to self-motivate and operate independently
- Highly organised, good attention to detail and works with pace, uses initiative and drive to navigate both internally and externally to get things done
- Must be able to execute tactically and opportunistically to achieve goals
- Works under general direction within a clear framework of accountability. Substantial personal responsibility and autonomy. Plans own work, to meet given objectives and processes.
- Maintains awareness of developing technologies and their application and takes some responsibility for personal development.
- Confidence and flexibility to work under pressure to deliver effective and high quality solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and motivational skills, able to communicate across a broad spectrum of users
- Analytical Thinking - acquiring understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts.
- Customer Focus - understanding the needs of the internal or external customer and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
- Planning and Organisation - determining a course of action by breaking it down into smaller steps and by planning and resourcing each of these, making allowance for potential problems.
- A desire to succeed - will challenge others and has the ability to assess problems and provide solutions that will make a difference.
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of virtualisation and storage technologies, hyper-converged solutions, disaster recovery and network architecture
- Knowledge of a range of technologies: Desktop, Server, storage, VMware, O365, AD, Citrix XenApp
- Detail oriented individual with a probing analytical approach with the ability to pre-empt potential problems and identify inefficiencies
- Broad knowledge of Networking technologies and concepts: LAN, WAN, VoIP (Mitel), MPLS, firewalls
- Good understanding of IT security, Data protection and Cloud and mobile technology
- Technically competent and has presence to quickly create credibility amongst senior stakeholders
- Educated to degree level in Computer Science (or equivalent) or related field
- Excellent technical, analytical skills, with the confidence to make results-oriented decisions
- Proven portfolio and project management experience
- Knowledge of ITIL methodologies & IT Service Management best practices
- Knowledge and experience of hybrid cloud integration approaches, API-led architectures and digital-era integration methodology
- Has relevant IT management experience, at least 5 years' experience of managing a similarly sized team
Here at Iceland we offer a very competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package, we provide 25 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday, free parking on site, 10% store discount, 30% club individual restaurant discount, a highly subsidised restaurant on site along with a subsidised costa.
If this sounds like you and you want to come and join the Iceland team then please apply directly and a member of the recruitment team will get back to you!