As a business, we are continually looking to improve how we do things. This includes technology enhancements to improve and simplify business processes through delivering high quality IT applications written by our .Net development team. As with all technology enhancements, it is essential that we ensure hardware and software are thoroughly tested prior to release.
Testing is an important role in the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) contributing to the successful delivery of quality IT solutions.
Once a project reaches a certain stage of development, the role of IT Tester is to support the project team ensuring functionality is working as required and does not break anything else. You will provide testing support for a variety of Iceland applications.
Thorough testing helps the design process and ensures a faultless solution at every stage of development. You will work closely with the project team including business stakeholders, developers, business analysts and project managers, allowing you to understand what the solution is meant to do, its key features and its users. As an IT Tester you will be responsible for a variety of exploratory, unit, functional and integration testing.
Duties and Key Accountabilities:
- Attending project workshops, meetings, sprint reviews and system demos
- Working with business stakeholders, developers and the Business Analyst team to understand business / project requirements
- Preparation of functional and scenario test cases including expected outcomes.
- Plan and execute manual test cases following iterative software releases.
- During test execution, ensure application behaviour meets requirements specification.
- Complete data integrity checks.
- Record test results, identify and analyse anomalies and where necessary raise and track defects with development team.
- Working closely with the project team and developers to report and track testing progress.
- Complete testing iterations within agreed deadlines.
- Perform regression testing to ensure a software release has no detrimental impact to system functionality.
- Create, manage, and maintain testing documentation for complete regression testing and to support user testing.
- Where appropriate support business stakeholders with UAT
- Where necessary offer support during transitional "go live" stage of projects
- Strong analytical skills
- Logical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Ability to be vigilant and inquisitive with good attention to detail
- Understanding of workflows and process flow diagrams
- A natural curiosity and desire to succeed and drive for results
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Flexible & adaptable in the face of changing priorities or circumstances
- The ability and willingness to work well in a team and independently
- Excellent interpersonal communication & influencing skills
- Confident in working with internal and external teams
- Willingness to support others
- Ability to multi-task and test on a varying number of platforms
- Practiced in sharing knowledge and collaborating with colleagues
- Highly self-motivated and well organized. Ability to manage workloads effectively.
- Knowledge and/or expertise in agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Knowledge and/or expertise in using MS DevOps (Test Plans, User Stories, Kanban Board)
- Prior testing experience including writing test cases is desirable but not essential.
- Office productivity skills are desirable, MS office, Excel, Visio etc...
- Expertise in testing web applications and/or test automation would be advantageous
- Proficient in cross-browser, mobile and device testing would be advantageous
- Knowledge and/or expertise in DB interrogation including MS SQL would be advantageous
- Proven experience of functional/UAT testing in an online or technical environment
- Testing Qualification such as ISTQB would be advantageous
Here at Iceland we offer a very competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package, 25 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday, 10% store discount, 30% club individual restaurant discount, flexible hours, a highly subsidised restaurant on site restaurant in our Head Office along with a subsidised costa.
If this sounds like you and you want to come and expand your career with our IT team, then please apply directly and a member of the recruitment team will get back to you!