As part of a significant investment from the business we have a number of exciting opportunities within a fast paced, agile and progressive IT department, who are focused on supporting business growth. As a Best Big Company to work for, we are proud of our employee engagement results and our continuous investment in driving performance improvement through our talent strategy.
Purpose of Role:
Working within the IT team and reporting to the Cloud Team Lead, the Technical Cloud Specialist will primarily work on projects led by Project Managers providing technical guidance and assisting in delivery to meet goals and objectives as outlined in the project. Responsible for designing, building, and maintaining next-generation cloud services solutions in the public cloud using cloud-native tools and technologies.
- Spearhead the development and implementation of cloud-based initiatives to ensure that systems are scalable, reliable, secure, supportable, and achieve business and IT performance and budgetary objectives.
- Drive the architecture/design and implementation to migrate applications to cloud-based PaaS, IaaS and SaaS products, including optimising technical reliability and improving application performance.
- Work with Development, Infrastructure, Architecture and 3rd parties to define suitable design patterns for new services to be deployed in Azure; including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS as options.
- Architecting complex IT systems, including operating systems, networks, firewalls, and load balancers
- Contribute to the design of infrastructure solutions in the Cloud considering aspects of High availability, clustering, fault tolerance and disaster recovery.
- Manage infrastructure costs in Cloud and Hybrid environments, perform scripting, and create future proof Cloud designs and implementations.
- Collate, document and contribute towards defining standards to be adopted for infrastructure hosted within Public Cloud Environments.
- Work closely with the dev team to drive agile best practices and a DevOps culture. Embracing the DevOps philosophy, whilst being mindful of the existing teams and structures that are being utilised.
- Work collaboratively with IT Security in the implementation of controls for the Cloud computing services
- Implement and maintain software-defined network infrastructure in multi-region, multi-cloud environments, management of network services including but not limited to: VPN, firewall, WAF, IPS, proxy, load balancing, and DNS.
- Put in place processes and systems to ensure that the agreed standards become embedded in the creation of new infrastructure in Public Cloud Environments.
- Promote transfer of knowledge and awareness of the technical specialism to those in closely-related areas, such as users and development teams.
- Provide Technical Input and advise and inform the Infrastructure Programme Manager of technical issues as part of decision-making processes for technical direction and procurement of new systems.
- Serve as an interface between the 3rd Parties with supervisorial responsibilities in delegating work and ensuring that projects come in on time and under budget.
- Develop templates or scripts to automate everyday developer or operations functions taking responsibility for compute, storage, network, security, scalability, resilience, load balancing, failover, deployment and monitoring.
- Drive best practice and live the mantra to automate all things and act as a cloud advocate.
- Collaborate with others to troubleshoot and resolve escalated production issues.
- Attend regular reviews of our public cloud estate, commenting on compliance to standards, opportunities to improve standards, instances of non-compliance, cost saving opportunities.
- Microsoft AZ300, AZ301, AZ201 or equivalent in Public Cloud platforms (required)
- Educated to degree level (desired)
- Proven working experience as part of an agile operation or development team (required)
- Proven experience with Azure Cloud Platform (required)
- Strong Windows Infrastructure administration experience (desired)
- Experience of managing, supporting, monitoring and troubleshooting cloud environments (required).
Here at Iceland we offer a very competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package, 25 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday, 10% store discount, 30% club individual restaurant discount, flexible hours, a highly subsidised restaurant onsite in our Head Office along with a subsidised Costa. If this sounds like you and you want to come and expand your career with our IT team, then please apply directly and a member of the recruitment team will get back to you!