Technical Project Manager - OTT, VOD, Software Development
Location: West London
We are actively looking to secure a Technical Project Manager to join Experis.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Role Outline and key responsibilities:
We are looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager to help formulate and drive our client's project and programmes across multi-territories. As a member of the Software Delivery Team, you will work in a friendly, supportive environment with like-minded, passionate people delivering the software and solutions that power the finest VOD, OTT TV experiences in the UK.
- Leading release planning and coordinating estimation activities involving representatives from all aspects of the delivery process.
- Creating and maintaining delivery plans for software releases including aspects of preparation, development, testing, customer trial and deployment.
- Collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams to keep a release discrete whilst also understanding in detail the scheduling and release ramifications across major components that make up the overall platform
- Effective planning of software projects, programmes and releases for the platform that offer value to the business and are achievable based on the available development and test resources.
- Leading the virtual team of delivery focused colleagues whose individual and team contributions are critical to the success of each software release.
- Managing relationships and assuring delivery from internal and external vendor / partner teams that contribute to the delivery of the software releases
- Supporting the Portfolio Manager and Director in production of budgets, estimates, plans and strategy for the department.
- Working closely with the Heads of Software Engineering to ensure all commitments are met.
- Be a positive driving force in the department.
- A proven track record of technical delivery in a senior delivery role for software engineering projects
- Solid programme management and execution skills
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder and vendor management ability
- Relevant technical experience, ideally with an understanding of OTT Streaming services and Sales and Service capabilities
- Ability to build and evolve delivery tools and processes
- Ability to demonstrate a pragmatic approach to release management in terms of inclusion or exclusion of features within a time bound release schedule.
- Be a charismatic leader, able to set clear direction and lead by example, managing delivery through others using the skills and capabilities within the team to achieve shared goals
- Have the ability to think strategically and tactically about technical and cross-functional issues and aptitude (and experience) communicating and collaborating across teams
- Able to facilitate creation of estimates and plans, plus able to challenge these.
If you have the above skills, please submit your CV in the first instance