Structural Design Engineer - Telecoms
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
2nd October 2019
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
My telecommunications client is looking for a Design Engineer to join their team in Reading on a 6 month contract.
* Ensure designs are compliant of all Health and Safety Legislations and risks are correctly documented
* Review and approve proposals for towers, monopoles, antenna mounting structures
* Optimise the site design to simplify and reduce the cost of civil work construction prior to submission to customer for approval
* Check site specific structural design analysis submitted by subcontractors, based on the latest code requirements ensuring stability of the structure and avoiding the redundant structural design
* Assess structural design suppliers for their capability and capacity to provide technical evaluation and calculations, drawings and other aspects of the project to control and minimise the additional tower static calculation
* Support efforts to standardise and simplify the site design procedure, minimise the cost of SE and get approval from the customer
* Prepare progress/assessment/general reports for the management/client
* Attend progress meetings with client/suppliers
* Supervise a team of Telecoms AutoCAD Technician and Designers
* Provide training to design teams
* Able to travel throughout UK
* Wireless Telecoms Site Design experience essential
* Good understanding of Structural and Electrical design on Telecommunication Sites
* Qualification in engineering discipline
* Professional experience telecoms design and telecoms infrastructure projects or equivalent experience
* Thorough experience preparing Health and Safety documentation and assessing risks
* A working knowledge Mobile Infrastructure Upgrades
* Experience in applying BIM in the design, realisation and hand-over phase
* Practical experience in Telecommunication Systems
* Innovative mind set and manner with keen and insightful perceptions
* Keen to challenge existing standards and develop new solutions
* Fluency in English is required.
* Working under CDM 2015 regulation to deliver design
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.