Solution Architect - TOGAF/Zachman
Spring Group Plc
25th September 2019
£480 - £510
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Spring Technology is currently looking for an experienced Solution Architect. This is a 6 Month initial contract based in Hertfordshire.
The role is responsible for delivering integrated solution architectures for our international programmes of work, meeting current and future business needs and aligning with/leveraging Enterprise Architecture and Product Roadmaps.
This is a senior role that will involve working both on shore and remotely on client site, with a wide variety of internal and customer stakeholders, to provide quality and cost effective solutions.
* Provide credible technical knowledge and insight to senior stakeholders and external customers. Candidate will be responsible for delivering technical presentations to key external stakeholders and customers.
* Take a leading role during discovery / elaboration phases to ensure customers understand what is required architecturally to implement an ACH service.
* Ensure external customers architecturally significant requirements are realized as part of a customer solution either through extensions to client Products or through localizations.
* Provide the leadership to bring together business, application, infrastructure and data requirements into a single view of solutions options and recommendations.
* Understand and manage stakeholder expectations at a senior level. Provide clear choices and recommendations that enable both business and technical decision making.
* Support international technical pre-sales activities, understanding customer requirements, and aligning these to technical capabilities and Products.
* Maintain an expert level of technical knowledge in the required technical areas and a broader specialist base as new technologies emerge.
* Through the selection of appropriate solutions drive the reduction of cost to company and maximize financial return on investment.
* Define and ensure the architecture and design approach is appropriately planned and delivered against. Own the suitability of the activities and artefacts to ensure the approach is not under/over engineered. Clearly report progress against plans and escalate as needed.
* Overall accountability for the solution architecture and subsequent design artefacts. Ensure solutions are for purpose and fit for strategy as well as meeting company standards and regulatory requirements.
* Responsible across the lifetime of agreed projects for identifying and documenting key architecture decisions and ensuring these are agreed by following the Architectural Governance process.
* Overall responsibility for ensuring estimates are completed in line with the agreed solution and that assumption are stated and consistent
* Support the testing function in ensuring testing strategies are appropriate for the solution
* Ensure that development teams fully understand, and follow Solutions Designs
* Support the leadership of the team and department by setting a high performance benchmark and encouraging and inspiring excellence in the team
* Lead by example and model the company behaviors to the team and wider organization. Motivate, inspire and give clear direction.
All About Candidate
* Candidate will have extensive IT experience, with significant experience in a senior architectural roles.
* Candidate will have experience and used, at least one recognized architecture framework or standard e.g. TOGAF, Zachman Architecture Framework.
* Candidate will be able to present and communicate complex architectural issues clearly and concisely with technical and non-technical audiences from senior stakeholders to project teams.
* Candidate will have experience of operating within a corporate architecture governance framework and standards
* Candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills including facilitation, negotiation, collaboration and influencing
* Candidate will be commercially and politically astute, able to see solutions in wider context of strategy and customer engagement
* Candidate will be able to determine approaches to solve complex programme level requirements into leading technical teams to delivered the required architecture and design deliverables.
* Candidate will have understanding of the product and project development lifecycle from strategy or pre-sales to live operation and support, ideally from a managed services perspective
* Candidate will be able to assemble a broad set of technologies and services to create a complete solution to a business requirement: application software, middleware, database, hardware, storage, network
* Candidate will have an understanding of solution trade-offs such as cost, scope, timescale, and balance between long-term strategic and short-term pragmatic considerations
* Candidate will be able to work with domain and technology experts to develop solution from high level architecture to detailed design level - recognized as a subject matter expert
Please send your CV now to apply !
Spring Technology acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: www.spring.com/candidate-privacy-information-statement