24th September 2019
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Are you a switched on, enthusiastic individual that has a passion for technology? Do you like finding simplistic solutions for complex problems? Are you looking to grow a career in the ISP industry?
The company has been working with their customers to make sure that their Connectivity, Hosting and Telephony needs never stand in the way of them achieving their goals. The two founders have created a company with staff that work together, learn from each other and support each other through all levels of the company. They encourage autonomy, self-development and give you a friendly and supportive environment to work in to allow you to provide the very best levels of support, advice and partnership with our customers.
- Working with the product owners, you will be responsible for the development of all of our products and services
- Responsible for ongoing management of all products and services within the company, including capacity management and forecasting
- Define strategies, policies and processes for operational management of our network, hosting and telephony infrastructure
- Provide escalated support for our NOC engineers
- Whilst the role is based in our NOC in Cambridge, where we remotely access most of our systems, as part of this role you may be required to travel across the UK to our various sites for maintenance, installations and presales activities.
What we need from you
- Excellent Network Engineering skills, preferably within a service provider environment, with a solid understanding of MPLS/BGP core networking and associated technologies.
- Strong Hosting Engineering skills with a focus on cloud development and management.
- A passion for DevOps, automation, configuration & infrastructure management.
Moon on a stick
As if that wasn't enough, we would also be delighted if you had some of the following:
- SAN, NAS & Object Storage experience
- Mikrotik ROS knowledge
- VoIP experience
- Experience with Wireless Network Systems
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Progression & professional development
- Good location in the heart of the ever-expanding tech centre in Cambridge with free parking or a short walk to Cambridge North station
- Flexible working hours
- The ability to work from home
- Great benefits including profit share & BUPA Diagnostics
If this sounds like you, then start your journey by sending your CV.