|Listed on:||19th September|
|Salary/Rate:||£23,000 - £23,000|
|Contact Name:||Candidate Services|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Our client is a spin-out company from Loughborough University specialising in modelling flooding in real-time, using the latest weather forecasts to make street-level flood predictions. Their mission is to be the leading global provider of cutting-edge flood prediction that saves lives and livelihoods whilst significantly reducing the cost of flooding for commercial, government and humanitarian organisations globally. Having launched in January, 2019, they have a growing team with offices in Loughborough and London.
Our client is now looking for a Python Developerto join the team and help to scale their flood forecasting technology into a world-leading solution that helps people and organisations better respond to flooding. As an early stage start-up, they need a higher performer with a can-do attitude who is happy to jump in and create amazing solutions.
The job will primarily involve python programming and API development, working in Linux system development, although there will be many opportunities for further tasks depending on your skillset and area of interest. You will work alongside the development team and the Chief Scientific Officer Prof. Yu and Head of technical systems Dr Johnson. There will be many opportunities to develop your skills and plenty of support on offer.
Your role will include:
- Developing python scripts to ensure that our client's flood forecasting system performs as efficiently as possible
- Working as part of a team on the development of system infrastructure
- Database management and development
- Managing APIs and customer requirements
- Working on product development
The ideal candidate will have a degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and will have a passion for applied environmental programming. The successful candidate will have the following core skills:
- 2+ years' experience in Python coding
- Working in Linux environment
Nice to have
- Experience of working with RESTful APIs
- Experience with data feeds such as WMTS
- Experience or knowledge of geospatial systems e.g. ArcGIS or other mapping software
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL or other relational database (using and administrating)
- Familiarity with the production development cycle
- Knowledge of basic Unix administration
- Knowledge of writing/using Bash scripts
Pay and working arrangements
The salary will be from £25,000 per annum (depending on experience) plus an equity stake in the company.
The position is based in the Loughborough office (Holywell Enterprise Park), although our client will consider flexible working arrangements and they have an office in London (Old Street). The applicant will need to have the right to work in the UK.
Equality and diversity
Our client is an equal opportunities employer. They value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and they believe that the more inclusive their environments are, the better their work will be.
*** NO AGENCIES PLEASE***
To join our client as aPython Developer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Junior Developer, Trainee Backend Developer, Trainee Programmer, Junior Software Developer, Developer or Programmer.