Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 + EUR27,000 living allowance + accommodation + travel
Job Ref: JR68464
Rotation: 10 days in country, 4 days off out of country
A major multinational main contractor is urgently seeking an experienced Quality Manager to join their team in Denmark. You will be working on a hyperscale data centre construction project worth over EUR500 million. This is a great opportunity for a Quality Manager to work for a company that has an impressive portfolio of specialist construction projects secured across Europe and the entire world.
This main contractor has a long-standing history of working on large technical construction projects including data centres, pharmaceutical, semiconductors, and more. They offer excellent career progression opportunities as well as remuneration. Any Quality Manger looking for real career progression in a field which is rapidly expanding would find this position an excellent fit.
Quality Manager Job Summary
Management of project quality systems to support all areas of a hyperscale data centre Construction Project. Managing a Team of multi-disciplined Quality Personnel with responsibilities that include monitoring of the works both on & off Site to ensure they are defect free and built to Specification prior to handover to the Client in line with the project schedule.
Quality Manager Responsibilities and Duties
The job of the Quality Manager will involve the following:
- Ongoing management of the quality system in accordance with ISO 9001:2015
- Responsible for the Site QA Right First-Time training framework which includes various short training courses
- Ensuring concurrent records for the works are compiled for handover in line with the programme
- Ensuring that the project database is updated with records in line with requirements
- Reports to monitor how the project quality system is performing and publish data and reports regarding project performance against set indicators.
- Monitor Subcontractor performance and report statistics to Senior Management
- Monitoring of Subcontractor activities for all disciplines and ensuring traceability trough the lifecycle of the project.
- Involvement in daily Site meetings with Subcontractors and Client
- Act as liaison with Interested Parties on matters relating to quality
- Development and management of project quality audits and Inspections
- Updating of Project Quality Plans in accordance with Contract Requirements and quality system
- Support for all project quality discipline functions and hold Weekly Team meeting
- Check the effectiveness of the quality system by performing planned and unplanned audits of departments, processes and report on findings
- Conduct quality second party audits on Supplier and Subcontractors as decided by the management or as per project specific audit programme
- Managing the monitoring of Installation of On-Site works and Off-Site fabrication/manufacturing in various locations
- Managing Inspection and Testing schedule in line with the programme
- Analyse using statistical methods, the Non-conformity data recorded in NC logs
- Manage the recording, check and close out of Observations & NC's raised during audits and Inspections
- Report to the management the results and any suggestions for improvement
- Support Team discipline Quality Investigations and implementation of corrective actions when required
- Ensure the Verification of the works comply with the Quality Plan, Inspection & Test Plans and project Specifications
- Manage the approval of submittals, procedures, ITP's and Checklists when required
Quality Manager Requirements
The ideal Quality Manager will have:
- In depth knowledge of quality systems and their role within a project-based environment
- At least 10 years' experience in Quality Management inclusive of data centre, pharmaceutical, or semiconductor construction projects
- Good knowledge and familiarity with ISO family quality Standards
- Audit experience at Lead auditor level
- Engineering, Technical or Trade background is ideal
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Office and Third-Party Quality Management Software
- Implementation of quality within a Customer focused environment
- Adopts a proactive approach to prioritising own workload
- Project Management experience is desirable, but not essential
- Engineering Degree is desirable, but not essential
To Apply for the position of Quality Manager, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please contact Joe Raymond at Project Resource Ltd.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project resource is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer