MECHANICAL SITE ENGINEER
- Location: Dungeness Power Station
- Rate: Upto £43.00/hr Ltd
- Duration: 12 months
Degree, HNC or equivalent in relevant Engineering discipline but will accept apprenticeship with justified experience.
Site installation and maintenance within Nuclear, Power Generation or Oil and Gas Industries.
The Site Engineer will:
- Report to the Outage Manager and, if required to do so in his absence, deputise for him.
- Produce input into the Outage Manager daily report and nightshift log.
- Attend site meetings, as instructed by the Outage Manager.
- Ensure that sufficient and suitable records of progress on his area of the site works, including that of subcontractors, are produced and submitted to the Outage Manager in a timely manner.
- Allocate labour and resources on the area of the site works in a manner consistent with the programme for the works.
- Produce forecasts of resource and labour requirements to satisfy the needs of the project programme for his area of work.
- Direct the timely production and maintenance of site documentation. This should include but not be restricted to, Work Order Cards (WOC); Maintenance Instructions; Construction Quality Plans, Lifting Plans; Risk & Manual Handling Assessments.
- Review and understand the quality requirements applicable to each task he/she is responsible for and where necessary, carry out accurate measuring and testing in conjunction with, and as authorised to do so, by the Site Quality Engineer.
- Record any variations in the scope of works of to the Site Manager in a timely manner in accordance with Quality Systems (i.e. Site Variation; NCR; TCR etc.)
- Ensure compliance by staff and subcontractors with the requirements of the Client's Project Safety Plan, the Site HSEW Plan, and associated documents and legislation.
- Contribute to the preparation of programmes, budgets and to operate within these restraints.
- To stand in for another Site Engineer in the event of absence due to holiday, sickness etc.
- Perform other duties as considered appropriate by the Outage Manager that lie within the capabilities and experience of the Site Engineer.
For further information and to discuss this role further, please give Stephen Slade a call on [Telephone number removed]