My client, a pioneer within the Subsea industry, is looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join their growing team based near Edinburgh. Responsibilities of the role include:
- Interacting with customers to understand their mechanical challenges and propose solutions
- Working alongside the algorithm design team on mechanical aspects of subsea measurements
- Innovation and Development of mechanical solutions using manufacturing techniques targeting product development
The successful applicant will have:
- Degree (Masters/PhD preferred) in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Professional accreditation
- 5 - 10 years of mechanical design experience (FEA/simulation preferred)
- Experience as a hands-on technical leader in the design process
- Track record of understanding new concepts and coming up with innovative ideas.
- Technical Skills likely to include elements from;
- Experience in electro-mechanical packaging / enclosure design for subsea.
- FEA modelling
- One of [Fatigue, Corrosion, Flow-Assurance or Fluid Dynamics] analysis desirable
- Materials science (Experience with Non-metallic materials desirable)
- Python modelling (or similar)
- Model-based design practices (COMSOL/Matlab/Simulink)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Share Options Scheme
- 33 days holidays per year (inclusive of public holidays)