Applications Architect, Architecture, applications, design, application architecture design documents, technical support, architectural systems, software lifecycle, application technology road maps, application rationalisation, consolidation, migration, software development lifecycle, interface, database, middleware, DevOps, cloud
Our Central Government Client are looking for an experienced Applications Architect.
- Design and implement applications or services that align to our client's architectural principles and standards.
- Lead on the liaison with programmers and software development teams to design and implement applications or services in line with the business requirements.
- Deliver application architecture design documents, or review design documents provided by others to ensure these are user centric.
- Assign work duties to an organisation's technical and programming staff in to deliver the agreed application or service design.
- Deliver designs to ensure the interface between multiple applications, databases, and middleware systems.
- Deliver technical support and training (if required) to IT personnel to ensure high level of business performance and knowledge transfer.
- Carry out assessments to identify operational limitations and gaps in functional coverage of designs.
- Upgrade architectural systems and software life cycle to ensure improved processes.
- Support the creation of clear and cohesive application technology roadmaps.
- Ensure proper documentation of software design and developing processes.
- The existing Chief Architects will act as an assurance mechanism for the contractor through regular design reviews.
- Tangible experience of leading complex, large scale application rationalisation, consolidation and migration programmes and or projects;
- Ability to bridge the gap between technical and non-technical; making complex concepts accessible to all;
- Extensive knowledge in application and software development lifecycle;
- Experience of designing interfaces between multiple applications, databases, and middleware systems;
- Experience of DevOps technologies and processes;
- Experience in designing and delivering applications into cloud environments