Actuarial Technical Specialist - London
30th August 2019
£35000 - £70000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Actuarial Technical Specialist
£35000 - £70000 per annum
A unique appointment in the City has become available within a leading Life Insurer. The business is looking for technical and analytical candidates, that are looking to expand their programming and computer software knowledge.
You will be sitting within a wider Modelling team, made up of both actuaries and technical specialists and will be responsible for Group-wide metrics and results.
You will be building, designing and developing a range of actuarial systems in order for the business to speed up processes to become more efficient.
You will be able to work with the businesses counterparts in the US & APAC and help to bring the UKs actuarial systems in line with these.
Lots of stakeholder engagement will be required as you work alongside actuarial and IT specialists to develop the models and report upon them.
Ability to assist other members of the team in model related queries and support other staff members within the business to navigate the model correctly.
This role could be ideal for an actuarial student who has decided they would not like to continue on the IFoA exam track, or candidates that are looking to move into the data analytics space.
* Up to 7 years industry experience, either within an actuarial or IT based role.
* The candidate will need to have strong programming knowledge across more than one language (VBA, Matlab, C#, C++ & Python)
* Understanding and knowledge of actuarial systems would be desirable.
* Good communication skills, ability to work alongside team members and delegate tasks.
* Solvency II knowledge advantageous
model developer, actuarial system developer, actuarial technical specialist, MATLAB, C++, Python