Role: Programme Manager
Duration: initially until 23/12/19
Rate: Negotiable on experience
Security Clearance: SC/DV
The Programme Manager will be responsible for the delivery of complex electronic development projects and bids on time, to budget whilst maintaining the required standards.
Managing multiple projects ranging in size up to ?£20M and line management of a small team.
Responsible for / Key responsibilities:
Responsible for the following with respect to all Communications Systems projects, programmes PV and proposals:
- Manage projects to meet project milestones, schedule and budget requirements.
- Manage subcontractors to deliver requirements on time and to budget
- Establishing, controlling and reporting project schedule & costs against an overall WBS & budget.
- Achieving acceptance of all elements of project to schedule and cost.
- Meeting project sales and cash budgets and forecasting accurately.
- Identifying programme resource, skill and training requirements for the Resource Plan.
- Use Programme Performance Metrics (PPMs) to effectively manage all programmes.
- Establish and maintain project metrics to measure and report progress.
- Preparing the internal Business Review Pack as the basis for reporting to senior management.
- In conjunction with the System design Authorities hold progress reviews (as required).
- Effective communication with all project stakeholders to build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships.
- Ultimate responsibility for risk management across all projects within the programme.
- Identify and monitor cost saving and risk reduction initiatives.
- Management of project issues, risks & opportunities, data and action logs, including item closure.
- Plan and conduct effective internal, customer and sub-contractor progress reviews.
- Producing and implementing internal and subcontractor Statements of Work.
- Review subcontract programmes, capability, resource, skills, documentation and deliverables.
- Review all internal and subcontractor project management documentation.
- Preparing customer & internal progress reports in an agreed format.
- Establishing and implementing Project Management Plans (including all subordinate plans).
- Ensure that projects comply with the relevant security requirements.
- Ensure that projects comply with the Company directives.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
Qualifications / skills required:
- Degree in relevant discipline (Engineering, Science or Business Management) or equivalent experience.
- Project management qualifications preferred, such as APMP or Prince 2