What would you be doing?
- Drive the processes for defining data quality requirements, standards, rules and controls consistently across multiple business areas, programmes and labs.
- Lead initiatives to expand the usage and capabilities of data management solutions for Risk Division, using an Agile approach where appropriate
- Lead the processes for identifying, defining and populating Metadata
- Contribute to the strategic design, and drive the embedding of Metadata and Data Quality tools within LBG's Risk Functions and other business areas that supply data to Risk Division
- Shape the development of enterprise Metadata and Data Quality platform capabilities, tools and templates / training providing coaching to business teams on methodologies and techniques
- Ability to interpret and explain the Group's data management standards to business partners
- Contribute to the monitoring & publishing of the Group's DQ dashboard and top DQ issues
- Act as a source of expertise for Metadata and Data Quality across Risk Functions and the wider partner community
- Participate in relevant governance bodies and provide content as required
- Develop a close partnership with related Functions within Group Transformation (e.g. Chief Data Office, and Enterprise Data Lab), other Risk Value Stream labs, and other Engineering teams
Who we're looking for?
- Experience in Metadata Management and/or Data Quality disciplines of Data Management at both a practical and policy level
- Experience of leading delivery of Metadata and Data Quality technology solutions
- Can readily translate between business and technical impacts and requirements
- Demonstrate ability to analyse and assess processes to draw conclusions and see opportunities for improvement
- Experience of working in dynamic, multi-functional and multi-discipline teams
- Proven ability to identify, effectively communicate and gain advocacy for ideas and proposals
- Able to work with inclusively with colleagues with a range of backgrounds, including business, technical and risk
- Build relationships with partners and be part of a growing network of data engineers that deliver data management solutions and consistency across business units and applications
- Emotionally resilient in difficult situations and able to drive collaboration and alignment in an environment of multiple priorities
- Well defined development skills including design and development of solutions to maximise usability and value of data
The following experience is especially attractive - though not essential:
- Previous banking/financial services background
- Knowledge of core Risk / Finance processes within Financial Services Industry
- Experience of designing and developing solutions using either Ataccama One or Collibra toolsets
- SQL database developments and technologies to dashboard and visualise data outputs
- Working in an agile environment using Jira and Confluence toolsets
The BCBS239 Senior Data Engineers are the main drivers of our data management evolution and should display the following qualities:
- Critical thinking and complex problem solving - Approaches problems in a pragmatic way, identifies root causes and draws logical conclusions to derive solutions
- Enquiring and inquisitive mindset - Ability to think outside of the box to identify creative solutions for data management challenges and opportunities
- Thirst for creativity - Desire to engineer and build great solutions to allow business users to maximise the understanding of the data they handle
- Domain and Product knowledge - Understand underlying technical and business processes and how these generate data that is used by the business
- Communication and Engagement - Able to tell the story of data management in a way that is understood by colleagues of different backgrounds, and motivates them to take action
- Presentation and Mindset - Able to confidently present complex concepts to senior technical and business partners in plain English terms, with impact
- Teamwork and Collaboration - Work dedicatedly and effectively with colleagues to solve business problems
- Coaching - Inspire colleagues to maximise their potential
- Operational & Conduct - Understands operational risk and can identify and articulate the risks posed by lack of data controls and within the systems that support data management
What you'd get in return:
Offering you both opportunity and profile - we'll provide you with a diverse, energising and informal environment that focuses on equal opportunity and real career progression.
We'll take your personal and professional development very seriously and enable you to make a genuine difference to millions throughout your career with us.
We'll also give you a broad remuneration package which includes:
- A salary range of c£70,000 to c£94,600 depending on your skills, experience and location (London only to c£94.6k)
- For the right candidate, there is flexibility in the overall package.
- A car allowance of £4,700
- A performance share bonus of c20%
- A generous pension contribution
- A flex cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle
- Private health cover
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Various share schemes including free shares
We're a founder member of the Agile Future Forum, a group of leading UK employers supporting flexible working. We're happy to consider options other than 9-to-5 office-based work. To us "Agile working" is more than working flexibly - it's about entrusting colleagues to think creatively about how, when and where they work, to deliver their very best.
So if you have a passion for building communities of pioneers, innovators and analytics specialists, developing game-changing models and analytical solutions, and unlocking your potential as a leader then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you...
Our continued commitment to helping Britain prosper means that as a colleague you can make a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
Together we have a key role to play in shaping the bank of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll continue to have opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture, and our approach to inclusion and diversity means that we all have the opportunity to make a real difference, together.