|Listed on:||13th August|
|Salary/Rate:||£25,000 - £25,000|
|Contact Name:||Dan Kilshaw|
Graduate Developer - Great Training Opportunity
Sherburn in Elmet, Nr Leeds, West Yorkshire
Up to £25,000 DOE Plus Benefits
Our client is an exciting EdTech company who are making waves in our industry. On a mission to make the student experience even more awesome, they provide award-winning technology solutions to the higher education market.
Founded in 2009, our client went global in 2014 and are pushing the limits of what’s possible in application delivery and have created AppsAnywhere, the first and most comprehensive frontend app store for software delivery. They’’ve also remodelled the user experience in higher education software access and now, they’re looking for a Graduate Developer to join their team and continue their ground-breaking work.
You’ll find our client’s offices in our converted pub in the village of Sherburn in Elmet just a short distance from Leeds and easily commutable via the M1, A1 and M62.
As a Graduate Developer, you’ll be:
- Contributing to new features and the wider product
- Participating fully in the team's responsibilities from the outset
- Participating in planning, design, QA testing and of course, daily stand-ups
- Part of a team who are responsible for the full development lifecycle of the product: from design through development, to unit and integration testing, as well as iterative improvement, with plans to include deployment and monitoring as part of this in the future
- Taking responsibility for the full technology stack related to the product; from the UI and APIs right down to the services and databases that back the functionality.
Interested? If so, you will need:
- A 2:1 or higher degree in a Computer Science related discipline
- Software development skills, including knowledge of object-oriented development in a language such as PHP, Java or C#, gained from your studies, a commercial environment or similar
Any previous freelance experience you may have gained would be beneficial to your application. PHP knowledge would also be an advantage.
Other companies may call this role, Junior Developer, Graduate Developer, Graduate Backend Developer, Graduate Software Developer, Graduate Programmer, Graduate Software Programmer, or Graduate Backend Programmer.
But what’s in it for you?
- Benefits package including contributed pension, private healthcare and life cover (amongst others)
- Unlimited holiday (as long as your work is done, subject to conditions)
- Work from a converted pub which includes a bar and darts which is easily commutable via the M1, A1 and M62
- Join a fun, relaxed atmosphere
- Fast progression prospects
- The freedom to undertake independent work
- A dedicated training budget each year
A few fascinating facts about us:
- Our client was founded in 2009 and went global in 2014
- They’ve got offices in four countries and customers in more than 20
- Currently their user base stands at over 1.5 million (students and staff) at over 150 educational institutions
- They’re experiencing phenomenal 20% year-on-year growth
Our client believes entirely and whole-heatedly in people, and that diversity in people is essential for progress, growth, education and team cohesion. They’ve taken great pride and care to build a diverse and versatile team and are committed to continuing to do so.
To apply for the role of Graduate Developer (Great Training Opportunity), please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.