What we're looking for:
This is a great opportunity for a talented solution Architect to join an established team within the Chief Technology Office, based within our Technology Services area of our business. This role will be based in Leeds with some travel to our office in Bromley.
Who you'll be working with:
Solution Architecture is a team of circa 30 Architects and Designers responsible for driving the design of stable, innovative and sustainable technology solutions. The team is part of the wider Chief Technology Office which is also home to our Enterprise Architecture team who we work closely with in ensuring alignment of our designs to our technology strategies, policies, principles and standards.
The team is at the focal point for all significant technology design within Direct Line Group collaborating with colleagues in Enterprise Architecture, Security Architecture, Application Development & Maintenance, Live Services, Digital and of course the wider business.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead / facilitate investigations and decision making to ensure that the views and concerns of partners are considered, captured, verified and validated.
- Identify and obtain agreement on the requirements / features and ensures appropriate prioritisation is applied to meet business objectives.
- Undertake analysis of technology solution options and associated costs and risks. Conduct gap analysis, and proof of concepts for new solutions, as appropriate.
- Identify issues and risks and lead their resolution as required.
- Clearly communicate solution designs, key design decisions and approaches
- Develop solution recommendations. Apply knowledge of technology options and survey external market landscape for solution insights, direction, and vendors, as required.
- Resolve and build a solution architecture and design to effectively meet requirements and costs while maintaining the integrity of the technology strategy and enterprise architecture roadmap and standards.
- Ensure design efforts are aligned with and focused to building business; value, strategy and goals, within cost constraints. - OTOBIS (On Time, On Budget, In Strategy).
- Provide recommendations into project and resource plans to support business case production.
- You'll lead solution development, and act as the link between the business, projects and application development and maintenance functions.
- Ensure the solutions developed and deployed are fit for purpose Experience on a variety of projects /technologies, implementing a combination of 'on prem', SaaS, package, hybrid solutions
- You will come from a Design, Development, Technical and delivery focused background
- You'll be experienced in working as a Solution Architect on Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- It would be desirable if you had Experience with Cloud/ AWS/ Azure
What we'll give you:
Come join us and you'll find yourself in the middle of one of the most on-the-go teams in the business, with autonomy and exposure to industry leaders on huge household brand names. We're always supporting internal development and you'll have access to loads of learning opportunities, events and conferences to build your industry knowledge.