Senior Software Engineer
£43000 - £43000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Ordnance Survey has an opportunity available for a Senior Software Engineer to join us based at our Headquarters in Southampton. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £43,000 per annum depending on experience plus benefits.
Ordnance Survey (OS) is the national mapping agency for Great Britain, and a world-leading geospatial data and technology organisation. As a reliable partner to government, business and citizens across Britain and the world, OS helps its customers in virtually all sectors improve quality of life. OS expertise and data supports efficient public services and infrastructure, new technologies in transport and communications, national security and emergency services and exploring the great outdoors. By being at the forefront of geospatial capability for more than 225 years, we've built a reputation as the world's most inspiring and trusted geospatial partner.
We offer fantastic benefits:
- Competitive salary plus performance related bonus
- Competitive pension
- Extensive Training and Development opportunities, both professional and personal
- 37 hour working week
- 25 days annual leave - Plus bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Paid volunteer day
- A wide range of additional benefits including free parking, sport and social activities
About the role:
Do you have skills in software engineering? We're looking for a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our Engineering department, to develop the next generation cloud-based systems. You'll drive our world-leading geospatial and business capabilities to significant B2B and B2G customers.
Key duties and responsibilities of our Senior Software Engineer:
- Work with product owners and the team to deliver dynamic frontend applications backed by GraphQL. There might be some usage of geospatial mapping libraries such as OpenLayers / Leaflet.
- To work with stakeholders, Project Managers and Delivery Managers to help shape the project delivery and the team.
- Look to continuously improve the engineering capability in all aspects of the engineering lifecycle through coaching and mentoring.
- Identify opportunities to maximise development benefit within your team, and to support and improve systems that you have developed.
There may be the opportunity to provide 3rd Line level support for existing Live systems. Therefore, the ability to learn quickly and think creatively is essential.
What we are looking for in our Senior Software Engineer:
- Expert knowledge and skills in software engineering
- Industry best practice - TDD, BDD and automated testing
- Demonstrable ability to lead, coach and mentor engineering teams
- Excellent track record in influencing key business & technical stakeholders
- Very good track record in development of technical strategies
- Proven track record in implementing new engineering techniques within development teams
Don't miss out on this opportunity to join the world's leading map making and big data organisation as our Senior Software Engineer - please click ‘apply' today to submit your application or to find out more about the role, we would love to hear from you.