|Listed on:||30th July|
|Salary/Rate:||£45,000 - £45,000|
Ordnance Survey has an opportunity available for a Security Consultant to join us based in Southampton. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of circa £45,000 per annum plus benefits.
Ordnance Survey (OS) is the national mapping agency for Great Britain, and a world-leading geospatial data and technology organisation. As a reliable partner to government, business and citizens across Britain and the world, OS helps its customers in virtually all sectors improve quality of life. OS expertise and data supports efficient public services and infrastructure, new technologies in transport and communications, national security and emergency services and exploring the great outdoors. By being at the forefront of geospatial capability for more than 225 years, we've built a reputation as the world's most inspiring and trusted geospatial partner.
We offer fantastic benefits:
- Competitive salary plus performance related bonus
- A great pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra 3 days over Christmas
- Flexible working
- Plus lots of other exciting benefits which are available to view on our website
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Security Consultant to provide cyber security advice and guidance to the business, projects and IT teams, enabling the organisation to meet its strategic aspirations.
As our Security Consultant, you will:
- Deliver our "Secure First" cyber strategy by working with projects from inception and acting as a "trusted advisor" to internal and external teams. Build and maintain successful working relationship with business, third parties, projects and whole life Engineering teams
- Conduct gap analysis and risk assessment activities throughout the project life cycle and make recommendations to address and mitigate risks that are out of appetite. Ensure that residual project risks are documented and accepted or transferred to risk owners at project closure.
- Advise on the scope of penetration tests and vulnerability assessments throughout the project lifecycle. Review the results and provide recommendations for risks out of appetite.
- Advise, review and sign off security testing strategies against requirements.
- Contribute to the development of the organisations cyber security strategies, security non-functional requirements, Technology Reference Models, security policies and standards.
- Participate in the Ordnance Survey Central Control Team, providing advice and guidance during a major incident.
- Keep up to date with relevant external technical and threat developments to ensure delivery of security-related advice, consultancy and education through the virtual security community.
Skills and experience required to be our Security Consultant:
- A minimum of five years in a security consultancy or advisor role.
- Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards, including Cyber Essentials, ISO 27001, NIST, CIS, NCSC Cloud Security Principles, NCSC 10 Steps to Cyber Security.
- One or more formal cyber security certification: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), Certified Information Security Manager certification (CISM).
- Good consulting skills and ability to communicate with business and technical stakeholders.
- Ability to understand business problems and articulate business and cyber security risk at technical and business process level.
- Knowledge of Vulnerability Management tooling, Malware Defence, Identity & Access Management, Security Incident Event Management, Encryption Technologies, Secure Software Lifecycle and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Knowledge of IT, network security, Windows and Linux platforms.
- Good knowledge and understanding of information risk concepts and principles.
- Good knowledge of cloud platforms, such as Azure, AWS, Oracle.
- Experience of working on bids and procurements, i.e., responding to, and writing, commercial ITTs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Don't miss out on this opportunity to join the world's leading map making and big data organisation as our Security Consultant - please click ‘apply' today to submit your application or to find out more about the role, we would love to hear from you.