EN Practice Manager
We are an IT innovation business, offering expert consultancy, business transformation and managed services that empower clients to do great things. We're passionate and enthusiastic about what we do, and we use our expertise along with our technical capability work in partnership with our clients to help increase productivity, accelerate growth and deliver outstanding user experiences through our technology and service propositions.
The Practice Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of Block's portfolio of wired, wireless and network security services to our clients. Managing a team of consultants, you will ensure the project services are delivered to or exceed agreed project outcomes. This involves managing levels of service, security, continuity, performance and compliance while maintaining good delivery standards. It is the Practice Managers responsibility to ensure that their team has the right blend of skills and capability, up to date delivery processes and resources to deliver the services and solutions profitably and to client satisfaction. This involves both long-term strategy and planning together with full day-to-day responsibility for managing the delivery teams and projects.
Role Responsibilities & Accountability
- Line management responsibility ensuring the general day to day smooth running of the team through monitoring and management of general task activity, staffing levels and operational cover.
- Responsible for delivering on quarterly and annual strategic objectives and activities.
- Measure and report on team performance against strategy and operational KPI's
- Manage and monitor team utilisation, change and costs in the team
- Work closely with Project Managers and Resourcing team to ensure correct resources are provided in a timely manner for each project
- Ensure your team has sufficient levels of skilled staff to fulfil project requirements by recruiting, mentoring, training and developing members of the team
- Create templates for all assessment, design, implement, test and other project documentation
- Create and improve on delivery processes for each project, including QA for documentation
- Act as the main point of escalation on any client projects your team is working on
- Responsible for maintaining the excellent reputation of Block's technical resource through on-going certification, structured knowledge sharing, and forward planning
- Develop the delivery and support capability for current and new propositions working closely with the Managed Services and Sales teams
- Work closely with the Solutions Architects to create propositions and scope of works for new projects
- Provide ad hoc billable consulting or delivery work when required
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications
- CCNP in a network discipline
- Strong technical background, with professional level technical capabilities
- 5+ years' experience managing technical teams in enterprise network environments.
Technology areas include, but not limited to:
Security - ASA, FirePOWER, ISE, ACS, Stealthwatch, DNS Umbrella, AMP for Networks, Identikey, Splunk
Wireless - Wireless Networks (Cisco Wireless Controllers, Access Points), Cisco Prime, Guest Services,
RF Planning, Locations Services such as CMX-L and Hyperlocation, CMX-E
Routing & Switching - Cisco Catalyst and Nexus family access switches, Cisco routers, Software
Defined Networking (SDA), DNA Centre, Netscaler, Infoblox
Data Centre Networking (DCI) - Cisco Catalyst and Nexus family DC switches, ACI technology
- Able communicator with exceptional verbal and written skills
- Experience in developing team members through coaching, mentoring and knowledge sharing
- Previous experience developing optimised and simple working methods and processes with a keen eye for detail
- Basic understanding and experience of an ITIL based framework
- Understanding of developing technologies / methodologies (for example Automation, Dev Ops)
Skills & Attributes
- Excellent commercial awareness and understanding of practice area
- Proactive approach, using initiative and insight to deliver consistently and at pace
- Understands the importance of building internal relationships, leveraging them to drive team stability and high performance
- Comfortable talking to technical, senior level and business audiences alike
- A determined approach to solving problems and excellent customer facing and documentation skills
- Motivated, wanting to continually improve, caring about quality and delivering customer value
- Exceptional planner who delivers on commitments in a timely manner