Proposal / Cost Analyst
6 Months Contract
Up to £20 p/hour
The Proposal Analyst will work closely with the Proposal Manager, proposal team and wider business to establish the cost and financial data required to support the evaluation and approval processes for client Proposals.
This position is based within the engineering sector. It would suit a qualified engineer with strong analytical skills who is looking to gain exposure to the financial start-up aspect of a project. Alternatively it would also suit an accountant or financial project coordinator.
- Using a range of business tools the analyst will construct the cost model and provide the required analysis
- Support in the evaluation of proposal requests (ITT, RFQ, RFP) documents to establish requirements
- Provide Application Engineers support to allow commercial evaluation of technical solutions
- Working closely with Sourcing team evaluate 3rd party quotations and assist in the vendor selection process
- Work with Engineering, Manufacturing and Project Management teams to establish labour estimates
- Liaise with Commercial Finance to establish cost and risk profiles for FX, CoC, CoPQ, warranty etc.
- Liaise with Pricing Team to understand cost targets and ensure alignment between pricing, cost assumptions and scope
- Assist in responding to commercial clarifications
- Completion of documentation to support the handover process upon contract award
- Assist regional hubs to ensure best practice and lessons learned for cost and price are established and shared globally
- Owner of the cost models for subsea control system proposals
- Responsible for pricing and remuneration inputs to proposal documentation
- Work with the Commercial Excellence team to maintain and improve costing tools and processes.
- Prepare and maintain cost benchmark database to support review process and analysis
- Work with the Product Management team to establish/update standard costings for new or updated Products
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Business or a comparable subject from an accredited university or college.
- - High proficiency in Microsoft Office products required especially Excel. Preferable to have experience and competence with the use of:
- Cost Management Software, Cleopatra Enterprise or similar
- ERP Systems, Oracle or similar
- Online data tools, Tableau, SmartSheets or similar
- Customer Relationship Management tools, Salesforce or similar
- Proposal Writing/collating tools, Xaitporter or similar
- File Sharing tools such as Sharepoint / Box
- Problem solving acumen, creativity with a project mind set.
- Organised, structured and capable of working to a tight deadlines.
- Excellent internal and external communication ability
- Ability to influence a team to ensure deadlines are achieved