As the UK's largest Retail, Digital and Commercial bank our Group has a huge responsibility to support the UK economy and help it prosper whilst putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We're also in the middle of a three year, £3bn, transformation programme - putting unprecedented levels of investment into our platforms, people and data capabilities to build the bank of the future. And as one of our Customer Journey Service Managers you'll help us make our 'Helping Britain Prosper' plan possible by ensuring the best colleague and customer IT experiences through the protection, maintenance and improvement of key information services. Working within our Enterprise Technology Services function you'd have the following responsibilities:
- Full accountability for the delivery of day to day IT service provision and disaster recovery position to your aligned business.
- Be the Director level point-of-escalation for IT issues both in the aligned business and across the wider function.
- Being the Protector of the production service whilst also balancing, facilitating and enabling changes during a challenging period of large-scale investment
- Establishing and nurturing a collaborative culture built on trusting relationships to develop services in line with objectives that deliver great end user experiences
- To resolve and lead on operational instability and represent customer and colleague impacts through service plans and as a result of Critical and High severity incidents to improve service propositions.
- Additionally you'd benefit from the following opportunities:
- To be an embedded partner with key transformational teams and developing the strong working partnerships needed to ensure seamless delivery.
- You'll get to drive the appropriate actions in partnership with Problem Management to work through root causes, embed organisational learning and ensure adverse trends are closely monitored.
- Without any direct reports you'll be able to draw upon and inspire matrix-managed teams to ensure objectives relating to your Service are met.
What are we looking for on your CV?
- A background in end-to-end Service Account Management gained in a similarly large, complex and technology-led organisation dealing day-to-day with very senior customers.
- A general understanding how technologies and platforms interact with customers and colleagues.
- An extensive working knowledge of industry standards and practices relating to Service Management, including product details and regulatory obligations.
And wider Service experience or knowledge across the following speciality areas would be beneficial but aren't essential:
- Cloud / Automation
- Tooling or Systems Thinking
- Agile/Scrum methodology
- Cost of Service experience
- AI, Robotic Process Automation and/or Machine Learning
And what about you as a person?
- You'll evidence a track record of collaboration and relationship building with internal customers, particularly with Engineering Leads to deliver a seamless IT Service experience for colleagues and customers.
- You'll possesses amazing inter-personal skills and an influential personality in order to motivate and inspire others with the skill to broker mutual outcomes conducive to the organisation's objectives
- You'll also possess the ability to communicate ideas and information clearly and tailor this in a manner appropriate to the audience to secure wide consensus, impact and results.
- And you're an innovator - actively and continuously evolving service metrics to protect and improve your service while remaining cost effective and in tune with industry developments.
What is the give/get? You'd be expected to join our on call rota (approx. 1 in 8) and we'll reward this commitment well. We're also able to offer elements of flexible working such as job-shares, homeworking etc. as long as you're a reasonable commute to one of our hub sites and can show the flexibility to be where you're needed most. We'll also reward your expertise with a comprehensive package that includes:
- A salary ranging from c£55k to c£74k (to c£88k in London) depending on skills, experience and location
- An on target performance share bonus of c20%
- 4% of your salary paid to you in flex cash
- Car/car allowance
- 30 days holiday
- Private medical benefit
- Share schemes
- Generous pension contribution
- Colleague products and discounts
We're passionate developing our people and just as passionate about equal opportunity - ensuring our colleagues represent the communities we serve. So if you have the Service Management skills, personal attributes and outlook we're seeking then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you... together we'll make it possible.