Network Engineer - (Contract) - Hull
Spring Group Plc
Kingston Upon Hull
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Position: Network Engineer
Basis: 8 Week Contract Minimum (Potential for Full Time)
Salary/Package: £35-40k depending on experience
we are seeking an ambitious individual who wants an opportunity to launch their IT career; with opportunities for training, qualifications, personal development and real responsibility for delivering excellent quality IT solutions and support for our customers.
The role of Network Engineer to be based on a customer site in the Hull area, working as part of a project team delivering a complete infrastructure replacement for a customer. This role will offer a variety of challenges. The successful candidate will be required to be self-motivated and able to work to tight deadlines.
The role includes:
- Configuration and Deployment of network switches
- Configuration and Deployment of wireless access points
- Network troubleshooting
- Network patching
- Switch firmware patching
- Dell Open Manage deployment and configuration
Applicants for this Network Engineer role should be ambitious individuals with a strong work ethic and proven track record with delivery network infrastructure projects. You must relish having real responsibility and further your career. This is a dynamic position within a fast-growing organisation. As a Network Engineer you will be joining a growing and experienced team in supporting a wide variety of technologies, with a specific focus on supporting the deployment and roll out of a large network infrastructure across multiple sites in the Hull area. This is a customer facing role, candidates must be highly presentable and possess excellent face to face communication skills when needed.
The right candidate must have the following:
- Minimum of 4 year's IT experience in a corporate or services environment
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Experience of AeroHive Hive Manager and Access Point configuration and deployment
- Dell Networking N series and S Series switch deployment, configuration and management (including stack configuration and VRRP)
- Experience of Virtual Link Trunking (VLT) and Virtual Core Switching
- Dell Open Manage deployment, configuration and implementation
- IPSec Site to Site VPN configuration, deployment and management
- Good written and spoken English
- HP, Dell Hardware experience
- All cloud technologies
- Ability to work independently under pressure
- Driving license and own transport essential
The following skills are desirable:
- macOS experience
- Linux experience
- Unix experience
- 37.5hrs per week
- Lucrative salary
- A dynamic, young, successful and friendly environment who actively promote career progression
- A thorough and continuous training program
- The opportunity to progress your career within an ever-expanding company
Spring Technology acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: www.spring.com/candidate-privacy-information-statement