National Foundation for Educational Research
£30880 - £34756
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Are you a Software Tester / Test Analyst and want to make a positive, lasting impact with a leading charity?
About NFER (National Foundation for Educational Research)
With a 70-year history, NFER is an independent and highly respected charity that carries out research within education. Our robust and innovative research, assessment, and other services are widely known and used. We have a reputation as an organisation that informs policy and practice, helping to ensure the best possible education for children and young people.
As the Software Tester, you'll develop, implement and document test plans for requirements and systems, as well as recommend best practices for solutions based on client's business needs. You'll have knowledge of implementing and managing the test plans, distributing and pursuing the assigned task within a team and internal and external clients. Projects will involve hands on testing and potentially some development to meet the requirements identified.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Writing, executing and managing the test plans
- Working closely with developers on QA during development and deployment taking ownership of software/systems testing plans to identify errors and root cause, including offering solutions
- Creation and development of test scripts and cases
- Bug fixes and tracking
- Develop, implement and document test plans for IT software & systems
- Evaluate IT systems for potential threats to security
- Generating and gaining agreement from governance and design authority stakeholders
- Providing support/guidance for business/user-focused testing
- Providing staff training and knowledge transfer to client staff
Your technical background:
- Expert in the use of one or more software testing tools
- Experience working with Microsoft .NET technologies
- Good experience covering web applications
You'll love this job, if you have:
- Experience working within an Agile delivery model
- Knowledge of test automation best practice for compatibility, functionality, performance, regression, integration and risk-based testing
- Industry qualification in data management and software testing
- Ability to work effectively in a pressured situation and to tight deadlines
- An innovative thinker with strong problem solving skills
- Takes pride in work and has good attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to disseminate knowledge
Other titles for this role may include Software Tester, Software Test Engineer, IT Software Tester, Software Application Tester, Software Quality Analyst, Test Analyst or Software Quality Engineer.
- Competitive salary of £30,880 - £34,756
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking
- 30 days' holiday per year plus Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days
- Excellent support for professional development
- Great work/life balance
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as a Software Tester, apply via the button shown.
This vacancy has been placed by Webrecruit on behalf of NFER.