Are you someone who is passionate about having your work impact millions of lives and also have fun while doing it? If yes, come help us build the bank of the future.
Lloyds Banking Group is changing. We're rapidly transforming into a digitally-led business on a massive scale in order to better serve our customers. We're already the largest provider of digital banking products in the UK, with over 12 million active online customers and nearly 8 million active mobile banking customers. It means a big opportunity for you to be part of ground-breaking transformation and it means there's never been a more exciting time to join.
With our breadth, reach and diversity, we can offer excellent opportunities for career growth and development. And we're looking for people who can seize those opportunities; you'll get plenty of support but it's about taking the initiative, building relationships and making it happen. Do this and you can help us make a positive difference to our customers, our colleagues and our communities.
What you will do:
- Understand the end to end payments application stack
- Help deliver reliable, scalable and functionally working software to the customer.
- Lead the feature teams technical direction and be the driver for all technical/solution decisions
- Coach other engineers in the feature team to ensure the appropriate development is in place and support where necessary.
- Drive and support agile ways of working.
- You're able to prioritize technical debt and value delivery keeping both tactical and strategic challenges in mind.
- You'll support and drive where necessary on key architecture decisions.
- You'll support strategic system and process improvements, interventions and upgrades.
- You'll apply engineering best practice and bring to bear modern tools to deliver business value to the customer.
- Comfortable educating both technical and non-technical colleagues about engineering.
- Promote DevOps culture and practices.
What we're looking for:
- Strong Software Engineering background and knowledge of agile development practices with a history of technical leadership.
- Experience across the entire software development life-cycle from inception, through build to production
- You appreciate and acknowledge the impact of system design decisions on scalability, resilience and supportability.
- Experience of API design and architecture patterns, messaging technologies (Kafka, MQ)
- Exposure to modern application frameworks (Springboot Java etc)
Preferable if you also have:
- Knowledge of delivery of microservices to production.
- Exposure to Systems Thinking
- Exposure to Docker and container orchestration tools e.g. Kubernetes
- Knowledge in one or more of the following:
- API Economy,
- Big Data,
- Cloud/Open Source,
- An understanding of any of the following Payments areas:
- UK Domestic Payments (Cheques, Faster Payments, BACS)
- International Payments (SWIFT/SEPA)
- Legal, Regulatory & Mandatory projects in Payments areas
- New Payments Architecture
If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
- Car or car allowance of up to £4,080 per year
- Discretionary bonus between 15-30% of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 13%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...