Senior Project Manager (SC Cleared), Agile, Scrum, Central Government, Public Sector, Foreign, Commonwealth, Home Office, Passport, Security Cleared, Government, SC, DV, Consular, London, change, Transformation, Gov.UK Pay, Payment System, GDS, Digital, Strategy, Strategic,
Our Central Government client based in either London or Milton Keynes is looking for a Senior Project Manager, ideally with SC Security Clearance.
- Prepare project documentation and provide timely and accurate reports to the SRO and project boards.
- Design and devise the delivery strategy.
- Manage project activities on a day-to-day basis on behalf of the SRO, providing visibility of project progress, including defining the approach and milestone dates, addressing issues and balancing cost and risk against benefit.
- Oversee essential IT system and business change.
- Manage features enhancements and integrations backlog.
- Coordinate all of the activity including managing changes.
- Lead acceptance testing of delivered solutions.
- Overall solution delivery management.
- Engagement with a range of business leads across the client and overseas.
- Coordinate dependencies.
The supplier is expected to provide resource that can be on-site in London or Milton Keynes during business hours Monday to Friday.
The resource should:
- Be collaborative and work effectively with the existing Product Owner and Senior Business Analyst team members
- Be expert in agile approaches including sprints, daily standups, sprint retrospectives, and working to agreed definitions of done. Be comfortable talking to non-technical staff and
- translating their requirements into technical terms
- Be a good listener
- Where appropriate, be innovative and propose changes to processes
- Be able, unaccompanied, to meet technical and non-technical staff
Key Skills / Experience
- Strong track record of project management
- Strong track record of using project management methodologies e.g. Agile and PRINCE2 (or equivalent) at practitioner level
- Strong track record of delivering complex change
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to present to senior stakeholders
- Excellent data analysis and evaluation skills
- Good understanding of user centred design and the importance of user research
- Proven track record and experience in IT Systems
- Some business analysis experience
- Confident in consulting multiple stakeholders, suppliers in the UK and our Embassies and High Commissions overseas
- Developing and managing relationships and leading discussions with stakeholders to seek input and feedback
- Flexibility to manage interdependencies
- Flexibility to manage IT system improvements
- Flexibility to manage business change
- Previous budget accountability experience to forecast project costs
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Working with technical, policy and business leads
- Experience of working with 'Gov.uk' platforms, specifically pay
- Understanding of payment processes
- Experience of working on UK Government digital programmes and IT systems or setting up a new service