Digital Electronics Design Engineer - Aviation Hardware
12 Months Contract
Up To £45 P/Hour
My client is seeking an experienced Electronics Design Engineer to work as part of a team to develop high speed Digital circuits for displays products intended for use in aerospace applications.
Required experience / skills:
- Circuit analysis and design of digital interface circuits based on requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of microprocessors and microcontrollers interfacing, high speed digital, signal integrity and interfacing with FPGAs/software.
- Detailed knowledge of memory device interfacing (e.g. DDR3, SDRAM, FLASH, EEPROM)
- Working knowledge of video and graphics interfacing (e.g. Analogue Video; S-Video, composite, RGB, RS170, Stanag3350. Digital video; Open LDI (LVDS), DVI, HDMI, Display Port, ARINC818, SDI)
- Working experiencing of digital data busses (e.g. SPI, I2C, Ethernet).
- Working experience in ADC and DAC control and interfacing.
- Appreciation of design for EMC techniques to accommodate EMI.
- Demonstrated experience of PCB layout development (either self or working with PCB Layout Engineering team) and knowledge of PCB technologies and manufacturing
- Experience of Dfx (Design for Test, Manufacture, Reliability) best practice.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to author documentation (e.g. plans, requirements, design descriptions, test procedures etc).
- Experience integrating and verifying electronic modules and products.
- Must be able to work according to company and industry standards and design processes.
Desirable experience / skills:
- Design for environment (e.g. Vibration, temperature)
- Design process assurance (e.g. DO-254)
- Aerospace or similar safety critical design experience (e.g. automotive, medical).
Desirable tools experience:
- Schematic Capture (e.g. Mentor Graphics/Expedition)
- Circuit modelling and simulation (e.g. SIMetrix, Spice, HyperLynx Signal Integrity/Power Integrity)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Requirements management (e.g. DOORS)
Please submit your CV in the first instance.