ELECTRICAL ENGINEER - Bristol
£30.00 - £45.00/hr
Are you a qualified Electrical Engineer who would be interested in working within an exciting and demanding environment helping with the identification of issues, risks and the associated potential design solutions for In-Service Submarines?
If you have the following key requirements, please read further and contact for further information.
- Chartered or on route to Chartership.
- Evidence of Problems solving and delivering pragmatic solution to real issues.
- Able to deal with numerous stakeholders and conflicting requirements.
- Heavy electrical power generation and distribution; 440v/115v systems. Both rotating and static or,
- Software Assurance and Assessment or,
- Electronic Magnetic Compatibility. Setting the requirement agreeing a test plan and doing the approval, but not as a tester.
- Good communicators and can work well in a team
To undertake and conduct the day-to-day design and project management of tasks associated with power generation and distribution, control & instrumentation, other electrical systems and platform wide electrical design issues on In-Service Submarines.
To act, in conjunction with the other members of the Team, as the focal point for support, within the Submarine Operating Centre. This focal point is specifically centered around the identification of issues, risks and the associated potential design solutions for In-Service Submarines.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
To act as "Task Owner" for the specification, planning, execution and delivery of specific submarine design support / design change tasks, as allocated by the, Team Leader - Power, to the required standard(s), time scales and budgets.
In terms of the above requirement tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting investigations and / or design studies as required by the Submarine Enterprise with a specific focus on submarine secondary propulsion systems and shipside service systems;
- Developing and or maturing technical solutions and associated specifications and technical reports in order that the required design changes can be proposed and progressed;
- Conducting design and safety reviews in order to identify the technical and safety risks;
- Conducting on board inspections and assessments (operational and in maintenance);
- Project managing sub-contractors in the execution of specific tasks that require specialist or OEM support; and
- Producing reports and recommendations that detail the proposed solution and or way ahead which will give consideration to priority, programme and budget.
- To directly liaise with the Customer and other MOD project officers, as authorised, to identify the technical issues, discuss potential solutions, review recommendations, conclusions, provide general advice and report progress.
- To manage sub-contractors in the conduct and progress of their contracts and provide technical acceptance of their deliverables.
- To liaise with other departments to ensure that cross-platform integration issues and safety aspects of any design support / design change tasks are addressed.
- To provide technical support on electrical design aspects to other engineering services projects and the wider teams as directed by the Manager.
- To apply and work to objectives and targets as set by the Team Leader.
- To notify the Team Leader of any issue with the potential to affect contractual and commercial.
- To notify the Team Leader of any potential problems, including lack of resources / budgets / forward workload.
- To maintain appropriate documentation and records in assigned areas of work including project files and the Management Information System (MIS).
- To undertake ad-hoc and emergent tasks.
For further information and to discuss this role, please contact Stephen Slade on [Telephone number removed]