Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us.
This position will manage the local IT solutions for the Niel site. This includes hands-on day-to-day operations of the dedicated R&D solutions, but also includes frequent liaising with local site support and corporate IT department (located off-site) to have a performant integration in the larger IT infrastructure. As we are operating in a regulated environment (e.g. ISO13485, GDPR, IVDR), an eye for detail and documentation is required to make systems comply with the applying regulations.
This position will also be involved in fine tuning existing data management/sharing processes and setting up new processes (both from a technical and procedural point of view).
Responsibilities Include but not limited:
- Ensure that systems are performing efficiently and that users are provided quality services.
- Perform support services, problem resolution, testing, and controlled solution deployment.
- Participate in the implementation of support projects and new technologies.
- Develop user communications, user guides, and training programs to increase end user computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures for the improvement of support activities.
- Ensure compliance to IT policies and controls, and licensing.
- Address support tickets in a timely fashion.
- Setup, configuration, upgrades, training and troubleshooting of software and hardware
- Acquire and maintain excellent knowledge of IT support areas and systems; understand customer support needs.
- Participate in local and global system implementation projects and introduction of new technologies.
- Analyze performance of Helpdesk activities, document issues, propose process enhancements to improve quality of service and prevent future problems.
- Bachelors, Masters Degree, University Degree or equivalent degree in Informatics, System Administration, Bioinformatics with system administration focus or similar relevant company experience
- Hands-on experience with managing a Linux-based server infrastructure
- An interest in biology/genomics/bioinformatics
- Experience with versioning system (e.g. Git)
- Minimal fluency in Java
- Strong communicator with the ability to explain complex IT problems and processes to non-experts
- Can-do attitude
- Self-reliant and taking ownership in a non-IT environment
- Good communicator/collaborator (including collaborating with non-IT departments)
- Ability and willingness to learn new concepts/processes
Is considered a plus:
- Experience with a Lab Information Management System (LIMS)
- Experience op operating within a regulated environment (e.g. ISO13485)
- Experience maintaining different cloud solutions (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience with Docker or other containerization tools
- Experience with typical Bioinformatics scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python)