Role - Database Administrator / Technical Lead
Location - Farnborough
Duration - 3 Month contract
Rate - £400 per day
Security Clearance - SC
Provide advice to the business and project teams on accepted standards of:
o Disaster recovery and business continuity plans
o High Availability
o SQL Server Implementations
o Backup strategies
o SQL Server patching strategies
o All other best practices relevant to the business needs
- Evaluate, implement and document new system designs where databases are required.
- Ensure the availability and performance of the SQL Estate is within agreed thresholds.
- Assess and deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors.
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis of SQL Server service outages if they occur.
- Ensure all necessary documentation is in place to comply with all accreditation requirements.
- Undertake project and BAU work to implement service improvements following any relevant change management processes.
- Act as an internal escalation point for SQL related matters.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Microsoft SQL Server (On premise and Azure)
- Windows / Linux Server technologies
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery concepts
- Failover Clustering
- Database Mirroring
- Always-On Technologies
- Transaction Log-shipping
- Strong Transact-SQL and Powershell knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of the core database engine functionality and features
- Other relational and non-relational database systems including:
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting / Analysis / Integration Services
- SAN and Virtualisation technologies (NetApp, Dell Compellent, etc)
- SQL Server Migration Assistant
- Software Development lifecycles and tools such as StarTeam, Team Foundation