Oracle PL/SQL Designer (SMART Metering) - Nottingham - Initial 6-month contract
An Oracle PL/SQL Designer with SMART Metering experience is required to join a multinational technology company, working on a project with an end client in the Energy Sector.
This role will be based in Nottingham on a 6-month contract.
About the role:
- You will be responsible for designing solutions for multiple projects and will be required to understand complex product build using instructions, packages and functions.
- You will assist in defining the scope, sizing of work, and implementing solutions.
- You should have a working knowledge of Service Oriented Implementation, Web APIs, and WCF Services.
The ideal candidate will have experience of the following:
- 10 years+ hands-on experience of development and design with Oracle 12 C - PL SQL (Stored Procedures, Triggers, Packages, Schema Management and Design)
- UK SMART Metering and DCC knowledge (including interfaces to DCC local IT Systems).
- Extensive experience of Oracle Database Design including advanced features such as Oracle Advanced Queue Management and Oracle Jobs and Control-M Sequencing and Priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders independently.
- Experience of building solutions in SMART metering and DCC related solutions
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analysing and decoding the working of a complex orchestration product built in-house
- Leading developers to help build systems matching the proposed design
- Organising, documenting and reviewing work items scope from a technical view point and approach to ensure completeness and consistency in scoping of project
- Reviewing and validating estimates for project and guides estimation for complex projects
- Creating, consulting and reviewing design decisions, and solutions.
- Conducting NFR compliance verifications, validating NFR compliance and ensuring alignment with the overall architecture view
- Creating reference codes, working on work on complex coding and technical or product issues to ensure effective solution development
- Performance Engineering as a Technical Architect
- Resolving critical issues at live sites, identifying and fixing critical architectural or framework issues related to the product to meet production support requirements
- Accredited technology certification
- Knowledge on utility retail domain
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV for consideration.