Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of Love work, Love life' has been central to our success and so we're looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
Unicorn are a leading eLearning solutions provider who are now part of the Access Group, delivering exceptional learning experiences through our award-winning Unicorn LMS, Apps, off the shelf content, games and custom content development. As a Solutions Manager, you will primarily be responsible for managing the delivery of creative learning solutions, tailored to meet our clients' needs through our range of products and services within the specified time-frame/budget.
Who are Access
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
Design, develop and maintain the Unicorn LMS to the highest quality in terms of design, creative approach and user experience, whilst working within an agile team using up-to-date
modern industry standard architecture and technologies that are scalable, easily maintained and upgraded and delivered following agreed processes, budgets and timelines.
Here's what you'll be doing in the role:
• Enhance and expand the core features of the Unicorn LMS
• Work within the agreed development working practices of the team
• Respond to and manage support issues raised to second line and participate in investigation and issue resolution
• Continuously improve the underlying software
• Contribute appropriately to issue resolution given balance between service level agreements and project requirements
• Support near continuous deployment builds
• Contribute to the production of releases for:
oInterim bug-fix releases
oRoll out of releases
• Review and support customer data feed setup and imports and single sign on when required Innovate and contribute to ongoing technical and process improvement
• Contribute to ongoing process improvement (retrospectives)
• Be committed to supporting the rest of the team in achieving team commitments
• Contribute to the Scrumban methodology by being an active team member being responsible for the delivery of user stories in a multi-disciplinary and agile manner
• Assist with ensuring code quality and high team skill-base by participating in pair-programming and similar forms of team support
• Documentation of working processes and platform architecture
• Ensure time is logged to improve Management Information and project profitability tracking and help with planning
Skills & Competencies
• C# (7+) and .NET Framework (4.6+)
• Microsoft ASP.NET MVC and Microsoft WebAPI
• HTML, CSS, XML
• Webix UI Components
• Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Server Profiling
• Test Driven Development, NUnit, Integration Testing and Mocking
• Dependency Injection
• Software Design patterns
• Git version control
• Experience developing scalable web-based systems
• Understanding agile software development principles and practices
• Understanding technical issues and considerations and provide constructive feedback to the development team and other stakeholders.
• Excellent documentation skills, attention to detail and an ability to communicate detailed technical issues to stakeholders and to the internal business/project team.
• Learning Management Systems
• TeamCity and MSBuild
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!