About the role
The Discovery product team are responsible for managing the product vision, strategy and development for a suite of services (APIs) and associated customer experiences that are key to solving problems related to how Tesco customers find, discover and build their baskets, across all verticals and in all Tesco markets.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures;
- Defining and building high-scale, low latency performance based product discovery services, including definition and tuning of algorithmic parameters
- Building and managing a team of high performing Product Managers
- A master practitioner of Product Management, you will own, manage and prioritise a quantitative focused backlog to deliver meaningful optimisation improvements across Tesco's commerce sites, using agreed KPIs for coverage, relevance and performance based programmatic features
- Leading the development plans: shaping the overall strategy, defining and prioritising business needs and working with the different business units to ensure their plans are integrated.
- Work with other Product Managers, architects and the development team to deliver the roadmap using agile methodologies: prioritising requirements, answering development questions and resolving issues, always putting the customer first.
- Proactively seeking improvements to our ways of working across the various teams involved in the development and ongoing management of our API platform portfolio.
- Monitoring and understanding the potential of new technologies and business models, identifying and developing new opportunities for Tesco.
This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
You will need
- Experience with A/B testing programmes, optimising and creating algorithms or similar.
- Good expertise in the information retrieval, and/or recommendations domains or similar
- Have proven success in leading a team of highly talented and opinionated product managers and took multiple ideas (at least 1 new product/idea) from conception to go-live, through standard software product development lifecycle and got measurable success across defined KPIs
- Efficient in stakeholder management and has ability to steer the team in the right direction by putting best team members in the most value generating Products/ Business priorities
Apply by: 04/07/2019