About the role
At Tesco our focus is on the customer and so we are looking for a Senior UX Researcher to advocate the needs of the customer to the wider business, challenging user experience problems that impact millions of customers, and inspire others to follow suit.
You will be part of defining the way the UX research is run at Tesco, working with our multidisciplinary team made up of UX Designers, Product Managers, data analysts, Marketing and Technology teams to shape the customer experience.
You are a natural problem solver who is highly skilled in a range of research methods with experience turning research findings into actionable user centred design and product goals. You excel at sharing insight artefacts that inspire and aid user centred design.
As our ideal candidate, you have a passion for understanding people, their motivations, their behaviours and the challenges they face. You have excellent observational and analytical skills, the ability to collaborate with other teams, and a relentless determination to do what is right for customers. You will be responsible for identifying customer needs and delivering insights that inform the development of compelling user friendly interfaces and digital products.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures:
- Lead UX research for high priority projects in the Online Product team.
- Execute qualitative and quantitative UX research throughout the design and development lifecycle, from early strategic direction through post-release validation.
- Provide research, balancing the business and customer needs. Support project teams to define, influence, and drive the user experience vision for projects.
- Support the UX research manager to identify and prioritise research needs, avoiding duplication and aligning best practice. Help manage the UX research budget.
- Work closely with the Product and Design teams to ensure research insights are incorporated. Support the Product and Design teams in establishing successful processes and ways of working.
- Develop relationships across the business specifically with the Insight team to collate existing data and insights to inform product strategy and areas of opportunity for the online business
- Share research expertise and knowledge with others, and encourage the wider team to actively participate in UX Research, to improve organisational capability and challenge team thinking.
You will need
You'll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Expert-level knowledge in the field of UX research with at least 5 years' experience of working as a UX researcher on digital products.
- Considerable knowledge and hands-on experience with a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research methods and techniques (such as usability testing, ethnography, contextual enquiry, creation of user profiles personas, journey mapping, surveys, competitor analysis).
- Strong track record of research results impacting product strategy and development.
- Experience of working in an agile product development environment and applying lean UX research methods.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organisation.
- Ability to collaborate with a wide set of stakeholders including designers, product managers, developers and analysts.
- Experience of using and managing the use of online research tools e.g. unmoderated remote testing, online surveys.
- Manage relationships with external research agencies.
- Friendly, flexible with ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
- Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop online, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
Through one of the most ambitious retail programmes ever undertaken, we aim to become the world's best multi-channel retailer too. We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we're finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We're driving innovation and transforming our IT to become the world's leading e-commerce business.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
What's in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary.
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months' service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses