Junior Quantitative Analyst - London
24th April 2019
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
An established Asset Management firm in Central London is looking for a junior, ambitious and driven quant analyst to work directly with the Head of Research to develop insight reporting. The role requires an exceptional person with a passion for finance, excellent technical and analytical capabilities, solid potential to develop, and must possess excellent work ethics.
The role is to gather, transform and deliver to the Head of Research, portfolio and market information relevant to insight reporting. This is a highly demanding role which requires a person with proven, genuine interest in finance, and has the ability to develop deep understanding of financial data and statistics. The person will be responsible for hands-on developing, improving and maintaining all necessary technologies to this end, and must be willing to take ownership of such developments. This will include being responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and support, as well as quality assurance of all data.
The role will interact with all areas of the firm, with data being its central focus. As the role will necessitate the wearing of many hats, working with different teams in the firm, the person must be highly organised and able to work fully independently, with the confidence to share partial ideas and seek feedback without being prompted.
We are looking for a candidate who must be strong enough technically to improve, maintain and build good systems (proven either academically or practically), with some finance knowledge (either from working or degree level). Most importantly, we are looking for someone with the drive and self-motivation to learn and research novel concepts independently, and who can genuinely benefit from and have the humility to appreciate the chance to learn about the business aspects from experienced colleagues.
The work will include hands-on development and maintenance of KNIME, Tableau, Bloomberg, Excel, tools. The candidate should have strong java, python, and other traditional development coding skills, as well as good database experience (SQL, SPARQL) and deep analytical/mathematical ability. Practical experience of revision control is ideal, such as familiarity with git, and the good appreciation for CICD architecture.
* Working financial knowledge of equities, fixed income, and currency products
* Post-graduate level qualification in a quantitative discipline (i.e. Maths skills, university level linear algebra, calculus, set theory, probability, statistics, computing)
* Development experience with analytical platforms (KNIME, Alteryx, RapidMiner)
* Database experience with SQL, SPARQL, owl and semantic reasoning
Why you should apply:
* Opportunity for the ambitious individual to gain access to grow with an established fund and work directly with highly experienced professionals
* Exposure to all areas of the business
* Working with key stakeholders and decision makers
* Continual growth and development
* Ability to grow your career exponentially within the financial services world
* Competitive salary (eligibility for discretionary bonus, pension, health benefits)
To be considered for this role please apply below with your updated CV.