Field Engineer (EDBS Cleared) - Salford - initial 2-month contract
Field Engineer (EDBS Cleared) required to join a reputable ICT support and teaching company focusing on providing on-site support to a school in Salford on an initial 2-month contract.
Due to the urgent nature of the role and working in the school environment, the client ideally requires that candidates hold current active Enhanced DBS clearance.
- Carrying out routine and ad hoc network management tasks including daily backups, anti-virus checking and other housekeeping tasks, ensuring preventable errors do not occur.
- Responding to incidents logged by the customer, in an appropriate manner by having a detailed understanding of the Incident Management processes and its business impact.
- Management of incidents to resolution for any network and equipment failures covering software, hardware and infrastructure problems as defined by the service level agreement.
- Providing maintenance and repair services such as projector fixes, and laptop builds
- Ensuring that all systems used to carry out work activities are updated on a real time basis, including the completion of detailed and accurate call notes. Following the communication and escalation steps as outlined in process documentation.
- Microsoft SCCM, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012
- Station rebuilds and equipment functionality checks
- Hardware and software fixes
- Excellent customer facing and interpersonal skills, including diagnostic questioning, and the ability to deal with difficult conflict situations.
- Experience of maintaining and supporting networks.
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively.
- The ability to work proactively with good planning and organisation skills.
- Good time management, reliability and punctuality.
Suitable candidates should ideally hold Enhanced DBS clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo clearance checks.