Data Analyst - Provides insightful, high quality complex information, advice and guidance exercising control and tailored to senior stakeholder needs EITHER through managing a small team AND/OR operating as an analytical/research professional.
- Positively influence others by demonstrating core LBG values and behaviours.
- Act as a source of professional expertise and have accountability for continuously evaluating models, systems and sources of information, identifying potential for risk and ensuring fit for purpose where applicable.
- Manage the delivery of relevant focussed management information e.g. customer, competitor and market insights; resource, financial, benefits and project specific planning and tracking; through research and data analysis which drive business decisions.
- Manage the definition/delivery of relevant project objectives and the overall approach to requirements analysis and solution design. Use own judgement as to when complex issues require escalation.
- Manage and minimise operational risks.
- Ensure the design and delivery of relevant models and identification of target operating models; own the resolution of design issues and risk
- Build and maintain internal and external networks to source data and information to enable timely recommendations and advice.
- Engage and influence stakeholders, anticipating, clarifying and shaping requirements for the purpose of optimising business results.
- Deliver analytical/research projects or provide insight to broader projects.
- This level of role could be a graduate with a appropriate related degree (e.g. marketing, statistics, business studies) with approximately 5+ years experience of working in a similar type of environment
- Newer graduates at this level could have an MBA from a major institution with an appropriate specialism (e.g. strategic planning) plus experience
- Alternatively, could have the same level of expertise, acquired through very substantial experience in a similar function.
- Another alternative is that the individual has significant expertise gained by working in one of the specialist areas of analysis (e.g. marketing, strategic planning, finance)
- Appropriate qualifications and/or experience on its own does not mean that an individual is automatically placed in the grade - There also needs to be a role available at this level
- At this level, the role would be recognised as an autonomous source of expertise in a specialist area within analytics, research or strategy.
- Stakeholder influence typically to Grade G. Engagement may include Executive levels
- Scope of influence external to own function Complex models/processes/research in terms of scale, scope and specialism with a cross divisional impact; recognized subject matter expert
- Specifies and innovates within models/processes/research
- Supervision is light and focused on the evaluation of results achieved
- Broad technical knowledge across a range of reporting applications and systems
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.