Software Developer - Great environment, learn something new every day
Are you a motivated individual looking for a new opportunity in software development?
CoolCare currently has a position available for a Developer to join our dynamic team.
Hello! We are CoolCare and we build care home management software. Being founded in 1999
and having built and operated care homes via our sister companies for decades, we know a thing
or two about the care industry. Now in its 4th generation, CoolCare4 is the pinnacle point in
What do people like about working here
- Super passionate team
- Sharing the same goal of making CoolCare4 the very best
- Providing our customers with a great experience
- All ideas are welcome
- No two days are the same
- Freedom to continuously improve
- Knowing that we are benefiting care homes across the country
- Positive working environment and the can-do attitude
- Surrounded by a motivated development team
What we are looking for
- You are a creative individual and interested in exploring and continually learning new ideas.
- You are not content to leave things as they are.
- You want to do things the right way even if it's not the easiest.
- Strong communication skills, particularly in a team environment.
- You've developed software using Agile methodologies and are familiar with TDD, BDD and Pair
- Programming practices to name a few.
- You have used a Web Application framework such as Rails, ASP.NET MVC, Spring MVC.
Bonus points if you have
- Experience in DevOps practices
- Exposure to front end frameworks such as Vue.js
- Experience mentoring other team members
- Exposure to the Care sector
The Joel Test
- Do we use source control? Yes
- Can we make a build in one step? Yes
- Do we make daily builds? Yes
- Do we have a bug database? Yes
- Do we fix bugs before writing new code? Yes
- Do we have an up-to-date schedule? Yes
- Do we have a spec? Yes
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions? Yes
- Do we use the best tools money can buy? Yes
- Do we have testers? Yes
- Do new candidates write code during their interview? Yes
- Do we do hallway usability testing? No
We have candidates undergo a 2 Stage interview process. First is a face to face or telephone
interview. Following that is a Pair Programming like session where you'll be writing a small application.