Data Engineer - Data Science
Lloyds Banking Group
£63000 - £73600
Lloyds Banking Group
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's biggest Retail, Digital and Mobile bank with over 30 million customers. Our products touch the lives of millions so we have a huge responsibility to help Britain Prosper.
Artificial Intelligence, Data Science and Robotics are already playing a huge part in the Group's further £3bn digitisation... Our Digital Development and Applied Sciences Team focusses on these areas - helping us rapidly transform the Group's capabilities. They're helping build data science solutions around virtual smart agents, network threat detection, price optimisation, customer segmentation, credit decisions and fraud detection. And in joining their Data Engineering team you could have a very bright future at the cutting edge of data-led innovation.
* You'd be working within a team of pathfinders and trailblazers at the hub of this groundbreaking agenda.
* You'd also be routinely working with industry partners, from start-ups to industry giants, to help advance our data science agenda at a pace faster than we could achieve by ourselves
And with your skills spanning across data mining/analysis/modelling and modern data platforms (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, AWS, Azure) you'll get to work on a vast range of high-profile projects. These will also give you some horizon-expanding exposure to a host of wider technologies and careers in data.
Together we'll make it possible...
Where would you fit in our transformation?
You'll be working in a cross-functional team, collaborating closely with the business, product owners, data scientists, and machine learning engineers to solve some of the Bank's toughest business problems
You'll provide the much-needed 'data expertise' to help shape the approach to solving the problem and contributing new/interesting datasets into the mix
You'll develop high quality, reusable data pipelines at scale, ingesting structured and unstructured data into our data lake, and feature engineering alongside leading Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers
You'll be working in our new Hadoop, Spark, and Azure environments, using state of the art toolsets, as well as evaluating exciting new technologies to expand our capabilities
So you'll need to show a real passion for developing new solutions and translating data into analytics based opportunities - role-modelling Data Engineering as it should be in the new digital age.
Could you bring the skills and value we need?
We want to grow our team of data engineers who analyse data and build pipelines in distributed environments using Python. So we'd be looking for you to have experience in some of the following areas:
* Good coding/scripting experience (e.g. Python, Java, Scala, C#, SQL etc) developed in a commercial/industry setting
* Experience working with relational and non-relational databases (SQL and NoSQL stores) and some exposure to Hadoop technologies
* Data analysis using Python would be highly desirable (e.g. pandas, numpy, matplotlib, scipy)
* Exposure to Spark (PySpark in particular) would be desirable but is not essential.
What would you get in return?
We'll give you stretch as well as an energising and informal environment. And you'll realise genuine career progression opportunities gained within a nurturing culture that celebrates both diversity and equal opportunity. We're a founder member of the Agile Future Forum, a group of leading UK employers supporting flexible working, so we're happy to consider options other than 9-to-5 office-based work. To us "Agile working" is more than working flexibly - it's about entrusting colleagues to think creatively about how, when and where they work, to deliver their very best.
We'll also offer you a comprehensive package that includes:
* A salary range between £63,000 and £76,000 * Car/allowance of c£4k * Performance share bonus of c15%, * Generous pension contribution * A 4% flex cash pot to spend on lifestyle benefits (or take as cash) * 30 days holiday plus bank holidays * Private Health cover * Share schemes including free shares Want to see the true power of data? So if your expertise lies across some of these data engineering disciplines and joining a growing team appeals then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you...