IT Technical Analyst - Microsoft, Patching & Applications
£30,000 - £30,000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Technical Analyst - Microsoft, Patching and Applications
Patching, Linux, Suse, Ubuntu, SCCM, WSUS, Active Directory, SQL, MS Office 365, MacOS, MS Office 2016, DHCP, DNS, VMware.
£30,000 + Excellent Benefits Package + Bonus + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Solihull, South Birmingham, West Midlands
This established and dynamic financial services organisation are seeking a professional and focused Technical Analyst for their Patching and Applications Support Team.
As the designated Patching Analyst, you will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with new hardware and software technologies.
Key technical experience required will involve around:
* Windows Server 2008 and 2012
* Windows Server 2016 expertise highly desirable
* Ubuntu and SUSE Linux
* MS Active Directory, ADFS, Group Policy
* MS SQL & MS Office 365
* SCCM 2016 and / or WSUS
* Adobe creative suite and other Adobe products
* Virtualisation / VMware
* Microsoft Windows 7, 8, and 10
Your key responsibilities will be:
* Provide input to strategic direction and discussion
* To understand and familiarise patching mechanisms for operating systems and key applications whether on desktop or server.
* To execute a test plan for operating system and application patching, driving issue resolution where required
* To automate patching as far as possible to achieve patching SLAs
* Troubleshoot patching and update problems and drive agreed remediation activities
* Ensure full estate coverage, adding systems to the patch cycle or removing discontinued services as required
* Take advantage of "auto-update" or similar facilities where available
* Report on the progress of all patching and provide concise and meaningful management information and reporting
* Follow core processes and procedures such as change control and incident logging
* Keep appropriate records and update documentation or checklists as applicable
* Understand patching mechanisms to a sufficient level to allow the team lead to backfill one of the patching analysts if required.
* Understand Tenable to the level required to drive patching analysis and reporting
* Devise and maintain the test plan for operating system and application patching and support resolution of issues as required
* Automate patching as far as possible to achieve patching SLAs
* Perform random patching checks to verify compliance
* Troubleshoot patching and update problems, drive remediation activities and work with security, risk and project teams where required
On this client facing platform you will need a consultative DNA, a high-level of Service Ethic, and a "Customer is King" attitude.
Take this opportunity to rise above your peers and secure a role to elevate your IT career.