Test Development Engineer - Bucks
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
I am currently seeking a test development engineer to work for a client of mine on an initial 6 month contract which is likely to extend beyond this period. The company are an industry leading engineering business that have a number of projects they are undertaking and because of this need additional support on the test front.
Job Type: Contract
Rate: Market Rates
Duration: 6 months
Day to Day Duties and Responsibilities:
Transfer product specifications to test specifications identify test requirements and test methods for the company's products.
* RF tests for amplifier performance for W-CDMA and LTE as per radio standards for mobile communication. (E.g. ETSI, CSA, RED).
* RF test for filters and passive components PIM, S-Parameters, Isolation, etc.
* Power supply and Power distribution
* Communication protocols for products SPI, RS232, RS485, UART, Ethernet (IP), USB.
* Specify, design and build test equipment from requirements to secure robust production test complying with health and safety and radio directives.
* RF path using RF components and instruments
* Communication (data exchange with DUT, parameter setup in DUT)
* Mains voltage applications
* Documentation of design and user instructions
* Service and maintenance plans Design jigs and fixtures to support the DUT during the test cycle
* Embedded software on one board computers
Program test procedures as per specifications for test automation
* Adding and changing functionality to the Test executive software written in C#
* Add and modify SW drivers for the instruments SCPI commands over mainly GPIB
* Write embedded SQL for transfer of data to backend databases.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Will need to have a solid knowledge of the Instrument Test process involving the set-up of Signal Analysers, Spectrum Analysis and network analysers in relation to running tests on amplifiers.
- Full understanding of how the communication works between GPIB and SCPI Protocols
- SCPI was defined as an additional layer on top of the IEEE 488.2-1987 specification "Standard Codes, Formats, Protocols, and Common Commands".
- Understanding to how serial interfaces communicate (RS232, RS485, etc.) with equipment via Firmware > Software
- Must have experience of the set-up and design of automated test equipment
- Will need to have a Test Development background
- C# & Python is nice to have, but is not essential.
If you are interested please send me your CV straight away.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales