£23000 - £23000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of Love work, Love life' has been central to our success and so we're looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
Our EPOS-based hospitality management technology operates 100% in the cloud and is part of the Access Hospitality business management suite. Numerous successful and profitable multi-site hospitality operators use our systems to analyse over £2bn plus annual sales and purchases. They all benefit from our real-time bespoke solutions where live data from the point of sale is usually ready for analysis in less than four-seconds. We have unrivalled customer retention rates because our commitment to innovation and cutting edge technology remains as strong as it did when we first opened for business 25 years ago.
You are a skilled and enthusiastic Junior Developer, who wants to work as part of a development team working on a variety of products and technologies. Reporting to the Team Lead, you will be expected to work on all aspects of development. This will be centred on and around the delivery of windows forms and web based Microsoft technologies.
As part of a team you will have accountability for ensuring our software meets business requirements and aligns with technology and governance standards. You and the team will deliver software on-time and to agreed quality standards.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Take responsibility for providing estimates and delivering on these. Feedback on progress, risk and opportunities.
• Implementing automated unit and UI tests where appropriate
• Code reviewing other developers work, providing constructive feedback, advising on best practice & coding standards.
• Use a variety of delivery and CI technologies including azure, teamcity and octopus.
• Liaise with (and sometimes assist) other departments and functions including QA, sales and support in a professional manner with a focus on delivering the best customer experience.
As a well-rounded Developer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• A passion for software and technology
• Quick learning capability, easily picking up new technical concepts
• High standard of written and spoken English
• Open and collaborative style
• A creative and innovative problem solver
• Can commit to delivering and maintaining high standards
• Manage time efficiently and effectively
• Commercially pragmatic and driven to continuous learning/improvement
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!