Procurement Director - Aerospace / Engineering
£80000 - £90000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job Title: Procurement Director
The company have an exciting opportunity for Procurement Director.
This is a challenging role for a talented, driven Procurement Director in an established international aerospace manufacturing organisation. The successful candidate will be expected to be a self-motivated individual, able to operate at a senior level co-ordinating and managing supply chain team and activities as well as cost reduction and contractual improvements to provide a stable, secure supply chain at the lowest possible cost.
Fluent English and German languages are highly desirable.
This role involves the holder being a strong leader with extensive Procurement Management experience, able to devise new contractual terms and manage costs downs across a varied supply chain from manufacturing to service companies. Holder must work with minimum supervision and have a well-rounded understanding of commercial and financial implications from a contractual view point.
Responsible for every aspect of supplier deliveries, procurement and purchase contract control within the division, working closely with the Production Control & Logistics manager ensuing the contracts compliment / support operations requirements, providing a robust and well managed supply chain.
They offer excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
* Lead the European sourcing efforts for direct material, indirect / period expense and transport and logistics across the UK business.
* Identifies cost savings opportunities and proactively builds and drives a project funnel through supplier and commodity / component workshops.
* Develops and drives commodity strategies across all European operational sites.
* Obtains target 5% year over years supplier cost reductions
* Responsible for the companies Global Sourcing Strategy deployment across Europe:
* Working in partnership with all European platforms in developing the supplier base to meet quality and on time delivery requirements as well as developing new suppliers as required to meet stated objectives
* Participating as a key player in new process development and corporate standardization efforts
* Developing, recommending and implementing purchasing procedures
* Ensure adherence to internal standards, policies and practices
* Consolidating, evaluating and executing cost reductions and quality improvements within the business
* Coordinate delivery of projects to be on-time and within associated budgets
* Leverage the companies corporate agreements and resources to drive cost improvements in freight and material spend.
* Ensures use of preferred and Low Cost Region (LCR) and/or Best Cost Region (BCR) suppliers.
* Drives supplier consolidation and rationalization where applicable
* Aligns the companies manufacturing strategy and is the European focal point for regional new product development across Service Station Equipment (SSE) and Retail Solutions (RS).
* Builds the organizational structure and improve procurement talent across EMEA:
* Provide clear sense of purpose and direction
* Provide regular feedback to staff, peers and management
Essential Position Requirements
Measures of Performance:
* Number of suppliers in Europe
* Cost reduction performance
* Quality performance of supply base
* Completed and approved commodity strategies
* Honours Degree or equivalent
* Qualified purchasing professional (MCIPS) or be in a position to achieve within 12 months and with significant relevant recent experience.
* In-depth related vendor management experience
* Proven track record in developing and implementing commodity strategies to deliver improved supplier cost performance
* Extensive knowledge of the fundamentals of purchasing and negotiating
* Detailed knowledge of EU and UK procurement legislation, supplier and contract management
* Extensive expertise, having operated at a strategic level with a strong track record of success in delivering financial savings
* Fluent in English and German
* Computer and analytical skills required with solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs necessary
* Experience with ERP systems are beneficial
* Strong demonstrated communication, negotiation and customer satisfaction skills required
* Travel as required to support staff and projects
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Cultural awareness
* Strategically strong and equally execution and delivery oriented
* Results orientation
* Planning and organizing
* Commercial awareness
* Resilience and high personal motivation
* Excellent communication and influencing skills including negotiating and contracting
* Experience of developing and managing procurement staff
* Good team work skills actively involves colleagues across the business, builds the benefits of collaborative working
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company's careers page.
Candidates with relevant experience or job titles of; Procurement Director, Aerospace Buyer, Engineering Director, Supply Chain Manager, Sourcing Director, Aerospace Supply Chain, Procurement Manager, Engineering Procurement Officer, Engineering Procurement, Buyer, Purchaser may also be considered for this role.